Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > News & Community Announcements
News & Community Announcements Overclocking news and information regarding the Overclockers community
Forum Jump

Forum Challenge - Winner Gets a Sandybridge Motherboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 09-09-11, 01:17 PM   #41
moocow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redish Blue View Post
Do we count the testimonials from the first post?
+1

145 w/o them. (just went through the whole thing)

Old 09-09-11, 01:22 PM   #42
Redish Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
haha I am doing the exact same thing right now, but I am only on page 8 If I get the same number as you I hope there is a second place prize
Redish Blue is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 01:24 PM   #43
c627627

c(π*199780) Senior Member

10 Year Badge

c627627 is online now Author Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Thanks!
I.M.O.G. (09-09-11)
Old 09-09-11, 01:29 PM   #44
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c627627 View Post

moocow might have been bluffing to make some people waste a guess

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (98-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build
MattNo5ss is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 01:34 PM   #45
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolloks View Post
Matt, are you going to post the data from all of our guesses or you keeping that file locked?
Not tabulating the guesses - just looking at what the right answer is, then going back through the thread to see who is closest to that number.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 01:52 PM   #46
voodoo do'er
Disabled

100 ans 175
voodoo do'er is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 02:37 PM   #47
Redish Blue

Ok I just went through and counted them all 108, but there were three recooks posted so if those count than the number is 111 AND if we are counting the testimonials than its another 12 which makes 123. I know we only get two chances though so I am going with 108 and 111 unless the testimonials are counted then it would be 123 or 120 if the recooks aren't counted. Can we get an official statement as to what the rules are

EDIT!!!

Just noticed that we arent just counting the baked cards that worked, but all the cards that have been baked so I take those answers back Now if someone wants we can figure out the success rate of the oven trick. Back to making tally charts like its grade 2 again

Edit 2
So after including all the failed baking I have come up with a new final answer and I would be very thankful if the person judging this did not count these as my answers, but counted the ones below instead. Also for those interested I came up with 108 successful bakes and 32 failed ones which is a 77% success rate, which to me is pretty amazing.

Last edited by Redish Blue; 09-09-11 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-09-11, 02:39 PM   #48
Crapxxas119

Crapxxas119 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 03:18 PM   #49
KonaKona
Trashcan Man Member

I'll take a second at 198.

Member of the MOAR VOLTS™ club.
KonaKona is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 03:33 PM   #50
Redish Blue

So now I am going with 140 and 141 w/o the testimonials . . . thats my final answer
Old 09-09-11, 03:42 PM   #51
Seebs
Fronting as a Mod Member

So once one has posted one's guesses... Are those locked in for good? Or can one go back and change one's mind? I may have to do a recount tonight and want to make sure I can go back and revise my initial entries before spending another two hours reading through the thread.

I done got Pinked...

Be sure to pre-tin everything (even soldered stuff!) with leaded solder. None of the RoHS junk. You want good old fashioned toxic heavy metals. ~ Bobnova
Seebs is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 04:09 PM   #52
Bobnova

I'ma go bake some cards

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 05:23 PM   #53
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

508 replies to that thread at the time I posted the contest - its mentioned in the article. I'm only counting to that point.

Keep in mind you have to have started at least 4 threads in the past 30 days... If you don't have that, get to starting threads.

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 05:25 PM   #54
Jaytee100
Registered

86 and 119 baked cards. Clock On!!
Jaytee100 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 05:29 PM   #55
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee100 View Post
86 and 119 baked cards. Clock On!!
You need 30 days membership and atleast 4 thread starts in past 30 days... Stick around and start some discussions, and you'll be eligible to win the next contest coming soon!

Last edited by I.M.O.G.; 09-09-11 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-09-11, 05:34 PM   #56
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSebaSXx View Post
So once one has posted one's guesses... Are those locked in for good? Or can one go back and change one's mind? I may have to do a recount tonight and want to make sure I can go back and revise my initial entries before spending another two hours reading through the thread.
Edits are fine. Answers are final when the contest closes. The time you make your guess counts however - if you edit the right answer in on sunday, but someone else posted the right answer on saturday, the saturday dude wins.

Old 09-09-11, 07:38 PM   #57
torin3

I'm sure I'm too late, but 139, and 143.

Folding User Stats
BTC: 12CMeZKPnCg7nV5vgP57vSjSyshrMm67Tk
torin3 is online now Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 07:54 PM   #58
Theocnoob
Hates Trashcans
LOVES GRAMMER

421. I out bid you Earth Dog!
Hahaha.
Theocnoob is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-09-11, 09:28 PM   #59
Seebs
Fronting as a Mod Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
Edits are fine. Answers are final when the contest closes. The time you make your guess counts however - if you edit the right answer in on sunday, but someone else posted the right answer on saturday, the saturday dude wins.
Thanks for clarifying this. I've revised my entries and added the new figures to my original post.

PS: Detailed stats on what was baked? By device type and/or model number? Sure... I have that data!

I done got Pinked...

Be sure to pre-tin everything (even soldered stuff!) with leaded solder. None of the RoHS junk. You want good old fashioned toxic heavy metals. ~ Bobnova
Seebs is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Thanks!
I.M.O.G. (09-10-11)
Old 09-09-11, 09:39 PM   #60
gregmacknass

114 confirmed fixes And post #345 page 18 needs moderator attention for language
My "guess" would be 147

EVGA GTX 770 with EK FC770 and backplate
Antec EA750
55" Toshiba 55WX800U LED 1080P monitor

Last edited by gregmacknass; 09-09-11 at 10:09 PM.
gregmacknass is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > News & Community Announcements
News & Community Announcements Overclocking news and information regarding the Overclockers community