• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE OCZ Announce the "World's First 1 TB 2.5" SSD"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like I'm not making Rent this month.

At least SC2 and TF2 will launch really fast!

Writes and IOPS look lower than current drives with the reads being slightly faster. The main thing this SSD has going for it is capacity, and it's A LOT of it. Almost $1/GB for the 1TB drive too, but still too expensive for me.

Well... the question is. How long will it last |8<. I would never recomend this thing to anyone until SSD's life spans go up. Also price. This is ridiculous for such a thing.

longevity of SSD is not really an issue right now for one reason. If you are able to purchase this its because you have typical early adopter cash flow. And you would end up replacing this drive long before it died.

I mean peopled cried when we went to MLC nand, but look at how fast drives come out. I dont know of anyones SSD that has died form normal use, i mean maybe a fluke burnout, but never because of hours ran.

If you have the money, buy with confidence.

Im pretty sure this drive wont fail like earlier models did. I sold my old x58 ud5 to a friend, and he bought a force 3 ssd that kept dissapearing. I fought that thing for hours. I ended up haveing to flash new firmware to it for it to work properly. On the other hand, I have a first gen revodrive that still tears **** up (there is new firmware available for it), and a 64gb wd ssd that is a couple years old and still has 100% health. Not to mention an even older gskill ssd with no trim that doesnt haul like my others do, but its still better then 2z raptor 150s in raid0, and quiet. The average person probably wouldnt notice the difference between 250 mb/s and 500mb/s. Well maybe a little... but still. Hardware these days is rediculous, its about time :)

I think it's a bit silly at this point. Crossing the TB line is crossing the line of "you probably should be using a specialized storage solution"; especially for tech that's still young enough to be considered specialized with a focus on speed; not bulk storage. Techwise it's cool, but the price is so completely unrealistic I won't even look twice at it.

I see (very few) utilities that require both that much space and that much speed; so in that respect it's a bit useless too.

Great, now they just need to shave one of those zeros off the price and I'll gladly pick one or two up :D

Last edited:
Back