Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Storage
Storage SSDs, HDDs, CD/DVD/Bluray
Forum Jump

no boot off the harddrives (raid0)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-08-02, 06:33 PM Thread Starter   #1
Menardsguy

Angry no boot off the harddrives (raid0)

I just got the epox 8k3a+ (a replacememnt for my kt7a-raid). I have a raid array set up, two 20gig drives in raid 0... I created a new array, formatted it, and and finished the first part of the winxp setup, after the first reboot it says that NTLDR is missing. I am guessing that it isn't seeing the raid as a boot device. In the bios on my old kt7a-raid, I could chooses ATARAID100 for the first/second boot device, but on the epox, there is no raid in the first/second boot device. I have used raid before (kt7a-raid), so I know how to set a raid array up, but I must be missing a step or something... It's probably something stupid, but if you have any ideas, that would be great.
Menardsguy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-08-02, 06:38 PM   #2
Kendan
Senior Punk

I wish I could help more than this but the same error happened to me today. I forgot to take out the floppy Try to find a setting to set the raid as the first boot device I am sure it is in the manual. Good Luck

Old 05-08-02, 06:43 PM Thread Starter   #3
Menardsguy

What is strange is that in the highpoint bios when I select the drives as boot and I reboot and go back into the highpoint bios, it is no longer in boot mode which is strange.
I think I will reset the cmos jumper and try to create a new array...
I'm going to try and create a new array and see what happens...
Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 05-08-02, 07:02 PM Thread Starter   #4
Menardsguy

I think it is seeing my other hard drive... I just disabled the other drive in the bios and I will see if that works... There has to be a way to make the board go to the raid first... anyone???
Old 05-08-02, 07:03 PM   #5
Diggrr
Underwater Senior Member

10 Year Badge

Some bios' have the raid set up as "other boot device", below the first boot device, second and third.

Enable boot other, then below that, select the raid option that suits you.
You can still set the first ones to floppy, cd, and none. The raid will follow behind them.

Life's Tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late. ~ Benjamin Franklin
Diggrr is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-08-02, 07:15 PM   #6
Kendan
Senior Punk

There could also be a jumper on the board I have not set raid up on mine so I do not know.

Old 05-08-02, 07:31 PM Thread Starter   #7
Menardsguy

Nope... I disabled my 80gig in the bios and now it sees the raid as bootable... This is strange since i didn't have to do that with my kt7a-raid... Oh well, as long as I can see the 80gig in windows, then everything will be ok.

By the way, I really love this board. The bios is awesome and so is some of the layout. I really like the overclocking features... So far I was able to get the memory up to 400mhz, which is as far as I went for now until i get windows installed... Once I get windows working I will post benchmarks... By the way, for memory I got ocz pc3200. Anyway, thanks for the help.
Old 05-08-02, 07:43 PM   #8
turd

10 Year Badge

i could guess that you might want to check when you go into your raid setup screen that you have the following alinged

that the system bios
and raid
and master slave jumper and position on ide(gray slave black end master)
are all the same and that you have the master that is IDed in all as the boot

I recall that there was a problem in a prev post where the XP raid drivers were loaded instead of F6ing in the propritary drivers and that was sucessful for that case
turd is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-09-02, 01:44 PM Thread Starter   #9
Menardsguy

Thanks for all of the help... I knew that the hardware was set up fine since I was just swapping boards and my old board had raid too. I disabled my 80gig in the bios and now everything works great. For some reason it was going to the 80gig first. Everything works great. I did a quick benchmark with my fsb @ 190 and my memory bandwidth was above intel's rambus :-)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Storage
Storage SSDs, HDDs, CD/DVD/Bluray