Overclockers News Team
Forum Jump

Uploading and Applying Images in Wordpress

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-04-11, 03:43 PM   #41
Theocnoob
Hates Trashcans
LOVES GRAMMER

Do I have to upload all the images I'll be using to an 'image library' in wordpress before I can use them? I am confused and I was going to write an article.
Theocnoob is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-04-11, 03:57 PM   #42
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

Yep, just upload all the ones you plan on using to the article, then you can insert which ever ones you want to use wherever you'd like (you don't have to insert all the pics you upload either). Remember to try to keep images at 800x800 maximum (800x600 is more standard when resizing since pics are usually taken in 4:3 aspect ratio). Also, be sure they have captions and are centered. You can create a 2 by X grid of photos by first creating a centered 2 by X table where you would insert pics into each cell of the table.

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (98-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build
MattNo5ss is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-04-11, 07:21 PM   #43
Theocnoob
Hates Trashcans
LOVES GRAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattNo5ss View Post
Yep, just upload all the ones you plan on using to the article, then you can insert which ever ones you want to use wherever you'd like (you don't have to insert all the pics you upload either). Remember to try to keep images at 800x800 maximum (800x600 is more standard when resizing since pics are usually taken in 4:3 aspect ratio). Also, be sure they have captions and are centered. You can create a 2 by X grid of photos by first creating a centered 2 by X table where you would insert pics into each cell of the table.
After captions you lost me at centered. How do I center them. The table thing isn't going to happen. This has to be simple for me
Theocnoob is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-04-11, 09:13 PM   #44
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

I am on I'm thru the day if you need help. all day tomorrow, gtalk and aim.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-04-11, 09:34 PM   #45
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocnoob View Post
After captions you lost me at centered. How do I center them. The table thing isn't going to happen. This has to be simple for me
Hokie's original post guide's you through how to center the images. It's an option you can choose right before you insert the image.

Tables aren't too difficult really. Just put your cursor where you want a table, click the create table button, tell it how many rows and columns, select center, and insert the table. After that just put your cursor in a cell and insert the images as you would anywhere in the article and it will be put in that cell.

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build
MattNo5ss is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-30-11, 09:14 AM Thread Starter   #46
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Bump and changed max width to new standard of 1000px. Height remains 800px.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-30-11, 10:06 AM   #47
Bobnova

ooOOOOoooo. Awesome new awesome sizes are new and awesome!

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-30-11, 10:08 AM   #48
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

Also, remember the 1000x800 will be the size of the pic when clicked on and opened in lightbox. The limit of the thumbnail in the article is still less than 700 pixels wide.

Old 12-30-11, 10:11 AM Thread Starter   #49
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Yes; if you want graphs to show up in the article without the need for resizing, I'd keep them around 650px wide (reference the 7970 article for new, improved inline graphs!)

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-30-11, 10:44 AM   #50
Bobnova

TOO MANY RULES. I DO WHAT I WANT!

(Actually I needed a number for inline width. Thanks)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Overclockers News Team
Overclockers News Team