Notices

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.
Forum Jump

hokiealumnus Benching LIVE, Monday, January 16th @ ~9:30AM EST

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 01-16-12, 10:27 PM   #21
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Its obstinacy angered me.

If the 3960X died, you would have probably seen me crying on camera. If the FX-8150 had to die trying to do what it was best at, at least it went out in a blaze of frozen glory.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-16-12, 10:29 PM   #22
Brolloks
Benching Senior on Siesta
Premium Member #8

Pity the SB-E did not play nice under cold

Brolloks is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-16-12, 10:33 PM   #23
Janus67
Benching Team Leader
Wannabe Admin Senior

I guess on the bright side your RIVE hasn't started sparking like Nick's!

Folding User Stats
Janus67 is online now Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-18-12, 02:22 PM   #24
Section8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario1 View Post
May I ask - what keyboard do you use on your benching setups?
As you may know I've contacted Gigabyte regarding our POST problems on the 990FXA-D3 and your UD5 and they've told me I'm transferred to the correct department that will ask me for my keyboard so they can test with it.
I figured out I could add yours too, since I've already let them know that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
Blaming it on our keyboards is bogus, but I'll let them have their fun testing so they'll stop blaming it on both of my keyboards.
What issues are you guys having with your keyboard? I have a Gigabyte board and I can't get into the BIOS unless I use a PS2 keyboard? Is this the same issue you guys suffer from?

Intel Core i7-2600K---> Koolance 370, HWLabs GTX240, D5 Vario
3 X EVGA 480 GTX SC watercooled--> VID-NX480 blocks, HWLabs GTX 480, D5 Vario, Koolance RP-452X2
Corsair 800D
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB
SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W PSU
16G CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT (4 x 4GB) PC3 12800
2 X Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G SATA 3 in RAID 0
1 X OCZ Vertex 120G, 1 X WD Caviar Black 1TB
Dell 3007 WFP-HC
Z-5500's
Windows 7 64bit
Section8 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-18-12, 02:28 PM   #25
EarthDog
Super N00b Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

Try switching USB ports to the ones closest to the PS/2 ports.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-18-12, 02:47 PM   #26
Bobnova
Innocent Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthDog View Post
Yeah, I've had that issue with GBT 1155 boards.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Heatware.
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-19-12, 09:57 PM   #27
Section8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnova View Post
Yeah, I've had that issue with GBT 1155 boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthDog View Post
Hmm OK I will try that. Thanks. Hopefully that does the trick. Very annoying bug with this board.

******************* UPDATE!! *********************

That worked!!! I moved my keyboard to the USB port directly across to the PS2 connection. I have been able to restart the system and get into the BIOS 5 times in a row now. Wow thanks for the tip. I had previously tried no less than 12 different USB keyboards some how thinking maybe this will be the one that works :-( None of them allowed me to enter the BIOS. I ended up just plugging in a PS2 keyboard and leaving it tucked under the desk so every time I needed to get into the BIOS it was available and possible to do so. Now hopefully I can get rid of the extra PS2 keyboard for good. This is a first for me and I have been building systems for 18 years. Thanks again guys for the tip!!!

Intel Core i7-2600K---> Koolance 370, HWLabs GTX240, D5 Vario
3 X EVGA 480 GTX SC watercooled--> VID-NX480 blocks, HWLabs GTX 480, D5 Vario, Koolance RP-452X2
Corsair 800D
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB
SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W PSU
16G CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT (4 x 4GB) PC3 12800
2 X Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G SATA 3 in RAID 0
1 X OCZ Vertex 120G, 1 X WD Caviar Black 1TB
Dell 3007 WFP-HC
Z-5500's
Windows 7 64bit

Last edited by Section8; 01-19-12 at 10:14 PM.
Section8 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-19-12, 10:15 PM   #28
Bobnova
Innocent Senior Member

Drove me absolutely nuts before I figured it out. I always plugged my keyboard into those ports out of habit from the old days :P

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Heatware.
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-20-12, 08:14 AM   #29
EarthDog
Super N00b Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnova View Post
Drove me absolutely nuts before I figured it out. I always plugged my keyboard into those ports out of habit from the old days :P
Indeed. Had this happen to me so now I always plug my USB k/m in to the top ports.

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Overclockers.com Teams > Competitive Benchmarking Team
Competitive Benchmarking Team The Wild Side... Our competitive benchmarking team calls this section home. We are ranked #1 in the US on hwbot.org! Discussions focused on hwbot.org benchmarks.