Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs
Forum Jump

what to do when laptop keeps jumping

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-23-12, 11:59 AM Thread Starter   #1
simgamer

what to do when laptop keeps jumping

Hey guys, i'm trying out this forum to get some advise on AMD CPU's and GPU's. Here's the thing, i currently have a Toshiba lapop running on a 1.5 Ghz quad core processor with an AMD Radeon HD 6640G2 graphics card with 8 GB internal memory. I play quite a lot of simulation games (flight simulators, bus simulators and train simulators), and i've noticed in particular with the bus simulator that in certain parts of the game it keeps jumping and getting stuck, to the point that it just stops responding and i have to start all over again. I've also tried reducing the resolution to it's lowest, but that didn't help either. I know that it's not because of the age of the laptop because i purchased it a few days ago, so i'm wondering what might be the cause of these problems. Could it be the model of the graphics card isn't strong enough to handle it, or is it because of the CPU's ability to only run at 1.5 Ghz while the game requires a minimum of a dualcore 2.6 Ghz processor, and should i consider trading for a desktop that has a lower model graphics card wth 12 GB internal memory, but with a 3.6 Ghz quad core processor?

(i know, it's a lot of info haha )
simgamer is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-23-12, 12:22 PM   #2
Darknecron

Location: Glide, Oregon - pronounced "Orehgun," not "Oreygawn," you plebeians.

The RAM is deffinitely not your problem; no single game can take full advantage of 8 gb. That GPU is quite decent (but still not great), but the CPU...not so much. A 1.5 ghz quad (1.5 quad is not necessarily faster than a 2.6 ghz dual) is quite slow by today's standards.

[ i5 3570k @ 4.6ghz @ 1.170V, <60C @ 100% load | Noctua NH-D14 | 8 gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 | ASUS P8Z77-M | Sapphire 7970 @ 1150/1425 @ 1.200 | 500/1K gig Seagates | XFX 650w | Cooler Master HAF 922 ]
Transducers: Cambridge S30s @ 50 WPC + 125 W Outlaw M8 subwoofer | Creative Aurvana Live!, NVX XPT100 headphones | Antlion ModMic
Sound Card: AUDIOTRAK Prodigy HD2 ADVANCE DE Special Edition (2xLT1364 + LT1361)
Darknecron is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs