General GPU
Forum Jump

installing Another card with no SLI

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-01-12, 03:11 PM Thread Starter   #1
dr_emad
Registered

installing Another card with no SLI

Hi everyone,i've just assembled a new pc after 5 years of using a pentium 4 and overclocking the heck out of it for almost 2 months,even i've taken the reset. button wire and installed it on the reset bios jumper,for the kind of crashes i had.
well i couldn't upgrade the video card for cash reasons,it's an XFX gt240 with 1gb ddr5.
my new rig: Gigabyte z68xp-ud3r,Intel i7 2600k,8gb 4x2 kingstone hyperx 1600mhz,CM Scout case,CM V10 cpu cooler,Gigabyte 720w psu,and of course the lazy gt240..
and i have a gefore nvidia 7300gt with 512mb ddr2 lying around,my question can i install this card and get any performance increase??
p.s i want to overburn it maybe with soldering wires on it,after i install the old cpu fan on the 7300 gpu and maybe the rams.plzz hlp
dr_emad is offline Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-01-12, 03:15 PM   #2
EarthDog
Super Mutterator
Overclockers.com Editor

Unless Im mistaking, quite simply No. I believe that card is too old to use for PhysX and you cannot run them together. About the only thing its good for is connecting more than 2 monitors.

Overburn? Overclock? That can be done by software, RivaTuner for a card that old. As far as volt modding (which is what I assume you mean by soldering wires to it) may be done. I would google "7300gt volt mods" and see what it comes back with:

http://forums.vr-zone.com/the-overcl...0-gs-vmod.html
http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?p=2981643

Oh, welcome!

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is online now Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-03-12, 12:02 AM Thread Starter   #3
dr_emad
Registered

Thanks alotttt,that was very helpfull.i'm going for volt mod.
dr_emad is offline Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > General GPU
General GPU