• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D3/Daily Build (New Member, New Build...)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My name is Dan and I am a Geek Squad agent. I have been provoked by the upcoming release of Diablo 3 to make a new computer. It will be my day to day media console/work console but will also mainly run D3.

I have started my collection of parts and will post them up as I go, feel free to throw up any comments or suggestions. I actually have 2 builds going on (a liquid cooled build for a gaming only machine), but this one gets priority because I want it done and ready by 5/15/12! Because this only is running d3 and the adobe cs5 full premium, it is going to be a budget build in what I would consider middle of the road.

Parts I currently own for the build:

-Antec 25 (1100) Case
-Asus P8Z77-V Pro Motherboard
-Intel i5-2500K CPU
-G.SKILL 16GB (2x8gb) ram
-ThermalTake BW 850W modular powersupply
-Corsair H60 heat sink/cpu cooler
- 4x 120mm fans for front and side of case
-Gaming Mouse
-2x asus 21.X" monitors

Parts I still need to purchase:

-Geforce GTX 560 (x2 potentially, might be overkill so maybe only 1)
-Intel 80gb SSD
-WD Caviar Black 500gb HDD
-Asus 27" monitor
-Gaming Keyboard
-SoundCard (SoundBlaster)
-Fan Controller
-DVD/CD drive
-Additional fans for push/pull on H60.
-Monitor (27")

Thats everything off the top of my head. Ill be posting pics tonight.

Ho, since you're a Geeksquad team member, You might be able to answer my question.

I am builduing a gaming pc, too. The thing is I don't know if I'll make it because it seems crazy. If I take all the parts to a GeekSquad place, would you guys be able to help me? And for how much?

Thank you ;)

Yes I had done both of those already to my caviar black HDD also moved my iTunes folder to the secondary HDD.

Well I doubt most geek squad places will build you something from scratch if you bring in the parts. They might I'd they are a store like mine. I would do this but I'm sure it would get pricey to be honest with you. Labor for us is very expensive, besides Doing the build yourself is half the fun!! Don't be afraid to do it, research an preparation are key and you will learn a lot about your system.

Yes I had done both of those already to my caviar black HDD also moved my iTunes folder to the secondary HDD.

Well I doubt most geek squad places will build you something from scratch if you bring in the parts. They might I'd they are a store like mine. I would do this but I'm sure it would get pricey to be honest with you. Labor for us is very expensive, besides Doing the build yourself is half the fun!! Don't be afraid to do it, research an preparation are key and you will learn a lot about your system.

Yeah I'll give it a try and watch some videos in the meanwhile :)

Thanks

Back