Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.
Forum Jump

Is this rude?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Old 05-08-12, 12:10 PM Thread Starter   #1
Archer0915
"The Expert"

Is this rude?

So I have had a couple of companies bugging me and I am going to start sending out pre-written eMails.

Here is one I sent today:

I have already replied letting you know that I am not the person for this position. It seems you let a computer look for key words and a person never looks at the resume. Nothing on my resume says social animal. I am an anal introvert and that is not the type of person you need. If I am wrong about this let me know.

Work Rig/networked backup - i7 4770K@4.4, 24GB Ram, 7850 GFX Bedroom PC - i7 870 @ 3.4, 16GB Ram, 6670 GFX
Home School PC (kids) SB Celery @1.6, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX Living Room HTPC - E-450@1.9 GHz, 4GB Ram
Game Rig (kids)- 3570K@4.7, 12GB Ram, 465GTX + 9800GT (PhysX) using intel SRT
Test Bed - In flux
Archer0915 is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-08-12, 01:38 PM   #2
EarthDog
Researches Meritless
LIES for the Front
Page and Super Mutterator

Overclockers.com Editor
First Responders

At minimum that is burning a bridge (not that it matters in this case), but I would classify that as rude and obnoxious reply (even though you are spot on).

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon
EarthDog is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-08-12, 01:49 PM Thread Starter   #3
Archer0915
"The Expert"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthDog View Post
At minimum that is burning a bridge (not that it matters in this case), but I would classify that as rude and obnoxious reply (even though you are spot on).
Well this company can stay burned. It is one of those trolling companies. I will watch who I send them to though.

Work Rig/networked backup - i7 4770K@4.4, 24GB Ram, 7850 GFX Bedroom PC - i7 870 @ 3.4, 16GB Ram, 6670 GFX
Home School PC (kids) SB Celery @1.6, 4GB Ram, On Chip GFX Living Room HTPC - E-450@1.9 GHz, 4GB Ram
Test Bed - In flux
Archer0915 is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-08-12, 02:30 PM   #4
bmwbaxter
Premium Member #5

Rude if it is first time reply, but if you have already told them you aren't interested then IMO you have every right to tell them to go pound salt.

But like EarthDog said definite bridge burning.
bmwbaxter is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-08-12, 06:39 PM   #5
Wathnix

10 Year Badge

why not just block them as spam?

Old 05-08-12, 06:48 PM Thread Starter   #6
Archer0915
"The Expert"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathnix View Post
why not just block them as spam?
Well it is only #2 from them. If there is a 3 I will.

Test Bed - In flux
Old 05-10-12, 07:21 AM   #7
Robert17

All is perception. It may be that you're dealing with some automated mail which begs the question "can you be rude to a machine?". Not knowing your situation I'd still go with slightly rude.

I was changing out a clutch in a p/u years ago, underneath it, greasy/hot/tired, with a friend and my son trying to lift the bell back up to bolt in when a door-to-door salesman walked up and started his pitch. I stuck my head up only long enough to ask him if he was any good at changing clutches. He said no and I said "well, I've got no use for you then" and went back under the truck. My buddy said "you were kind of harsh on him weren't you?".

He may have been right, maybe not. It was situational. The salesman had no common sense or he wouldn't have bothered stopping once he saw the situation. Could I have handled it better? You betcha. Hindsight is always better than foresight.

NZXT Phantom Black||fans 1x140, 5x120, 1x200||Asus VN247H-P||Win7 Pro 64-bit
Folding User Stats

In memory of Adak
Robert17 is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-10-12, 04:05 PM   #8
Wathnix

10 Year Badge

Just send them an e-mail back saying you are eager to start the job but need to inquiring how many felony convictions would disqualify you as a candidate.

Old 05-10-12, 04:07 PM Thread Starter   #9
Archer0915
"The Expert"

Quote:
Just send them an e-mail back saying you are eager to start the job but need to inquiring how many felony convictions would disqualify you as a candidate.
That is an idea.

Test Bed - In flux
Old 05-10-12, 06:06 PM   #10
bmwbaxter
Premium Member #5

Quote:

Amazing idea.
bmwbaxter is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-19-12, 08:07 PM   #11
RJARRRPCGP

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer0915 View Post
anal introvert
Reminds me of a folk on the internet months ago with that persona type dissing me.

Makes me cringe.

Where I come from "Z97" is a radio station
-ICH10R
- eVGA GeForce GT 640-Antec VP-450

" holy cow!! you find a rat in there too!?!?!? " -turbohans
"Reinstall winders." -jivetrky
"I think I am going to need another coke before I start this up." -cadman420
"Soon Windows will be 50 gb! lololol" -Tokae
"NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA."

Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 05-19-12 at 08:16 PM.
RJARRRPCGP is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.