Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Overclockers News Team > Content Editor Status
Content Editor Status This is where we track status of our content editors
Forum Jump

MattNo5ss - Cases, PSUs, Modding and Cooling

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-10-12, 09:51 AM   #701
Bobnova

Re-read it, edited things a bit. My soldering iron picture refuses to show up, I have no idea why. You'll see where it's supposed to be.
It's definitely ready for you now

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-12-12, 07:37 PM   #702
Bobnova

Poke poke.

Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-15-12, 07:08 PM   #703
Bobnova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnova View Post
Poke poke.
+1

Old 05-15-12, 08:34 PM Thread Starter   #704
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

I've been through about half of it, but my time has been scarce the past week or so.

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (98-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build
MattNo5ss is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-15-12, 09:19 PM   #705
Bobnova

Awesome, just making sure it hasn't slipped under the radar and headed south. I understand busy, don't worry

Old 05-24-12, 06:58 PM   #706
Bobnova

Photos of the PSU that must not be spoken about until the date that must not be spoken may or may not have been taken.
If they have, the next logical step would be to test the PSU that must not be spoken about until the date that must not be spoken.

Assuming, of course, that such a PSU exists in the first place.
Or second place.
If it does exist and photos have been taken, I expect that testing would be likely to happen before the (long) weekend is out.
Creation of combinations of words that must not be read until the date that must not be spoken would be likely to follow.

It may or may not be possibly true that I might be enjoying myself too much.

Old 06-13-12, 09:19 PM   #707
Bobnova

You're up to speed on the first PSU.

Started work on a Tt PSU as well, further updates on that as events warrant. I plan to test it tonight.

Pokepoke with regards to the voltmodding article.

Old 06-14-12, 01:14 AM   #708
Bobnova

Testing completed.
Ripple dubious.
Regulation vaguely OKish, mostly.
Fan's great.
Unit is good enough on the whole I think, my testing is rather rude.
Next up (tomorrow) is dissecting it. That'll be the make/break for this thing.

It did do rather well in hot testing.

Old 06-15-12, 11:16 PM   #709
Bobnova

Done and ready for someone else to suffer through it rather than me.

Whole (&@#% unit screams Meh. Not much bad. Not much good. Meh.
Oh well, I've got three more vaguely related units here, maybe one of them will do something worth writing about

(Miiiiiiight change it to approved if I wake up feeling generous tomorrow. I'd value input on this matter)

Old 06-26-12, 07:09 PM   #710
Bobnova

I think I'm officially doing this review for Dino rather than you, but this is the PSU thread so what the hell.

I've started work on the Tt SP1000-M unit. So far it looks good. Testing later tonight if all goes at least decently. Review is written very nearly up to the testing section. I want to have it done by tomorrow night, ideally tonight, as I have a rather large stack here.

In other news, I have a Tt Smart 430w, Smart 750w, and a CoolerMaster 1500W monster sitting here waiting in line. Expect a lot of updates.
There is one thing sitting between the end of the SP1000-M review and the next unit (probably the CM next, going to be a pain to test!), but it's a heatsink and shouldn't take long to do.

Old 06-27-12, 08:39 AM Thread Starter   #711
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

Thanks for posting all the updates. I've been really busy lately, but your posting here let's everyone know the status of the reviews.

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (98-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build
MattNo5ss is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-27-12, 10:03 PM   #712
Bobnova

Massive issues of largely encountered. Tt notified. Awaiting reply.

Old 07-04-12, 06:08 PM   #713
Bobnova

Tt 430 W review is ready for examinationizing as well as editification. Tt Overseer notified.

Old 07-10-12, 01:32 PM   #714
Bobnova

Beginning work (taking pictures, sizing pictures, writing) on Massive CM PSU.
NZXT 750 W is scheduled for (re)testing tonight.

Old 07-14-12, 06:15 PM   #715
Bobnova

NZXT thing is all done.

Load tester now supports 196 more watts.
CM1500W is scheduled for testing tonight, we'll see how that goes. It involves transporting rather of a lot of stuff to the shop, could be an issue.

Old 07-15-12, 04:47 PM   #716
eobard
Give me a break Senior

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnova View Post
NZXT thing is all done.

Load tester now supports 196 more watts.
CM1500W is scheduled for testing tonight, we'll see how that goes. It involves transporting rather of a lot of stuff to the shop, could be an issue.
On an unrelated matter, the Location known as "Humboldt" suffered a massive brownout later this evening. Authorities believe the matter may be connected to a massive burst of bright light coming from an area known as 'the shop'.

/end thread hijack

Old 07-16-12, 04:37 PM   #717
Bobnova

That right there is why I'm testing it at the shop!
I'm not entirely certain my wiring can deal with the load of this thing at full tilt.
Nor am I sure the kill-a-watt can.

Review has been written up to the load testing. Tests have been blocked out. I plan to try to get all the stuff down to the shop for testing tonight and test tonight. Deadline is looming closer and closer.

Old 08-21-12, 11:07 PM   #718
Bobnova

Totally unrelated update!
NZXT HALE82 N Series 550W is ready for editorizationizingificatedness.

Old 09-20-12, 06:44 PM   #719
eobard
Give me a break Senior

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by eobard View Post
I'd like to step back in and help but my plate is too full of real life at the moment. But I did do something that may help others who review cases. I started a poll the results of which might be beneficial to incorporate into a case review in regards to front audio/USB ports placement. Obviously if your case is on the floor you want the ports at the top of the case and if you case is on your desk it would be better to have them on the bottom. Given enough votes in this poll we could extrapolate system placement trends and give recommendation on which cases would be better choices for the common user. I know I'm generalizing but it might be of some use to a case review article.
We're over 200 replys in that thread I linked to, and over 300 votes. I'm wondering if I should now make it known to the general public the reason for the poll. Any thoughts?

Old 10-26-12, 02:32 PM   #720
Sam__

Are people still using this thread to update on what Cases, PSUs, Modding and Cooling reviews they're writing?

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
Sam__ is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Overclockers News Team > Content Editor Status
Content Editor Status This is where we track status of our content editors