Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.
Forum Jump

Should OC forums become more like Facebook?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Old 05-10-12, 06:09 PM Thread Starter   #1
Wathnix

10 Year Badge

Should OC forums become more like Facebook?

I was thinking Since facebook is soon to go IPO and is expected to be worth tens of billions of dollars shouldn't OC forums try to be more like facebook and cash in as well?

What kinds of social games should we put on the new site? And how about putting in timeline?

Keep drinking till this all makes sense to you then post your suggestions. Thanks.

Old 05-10-12, 06:41 PM   #2
Seebs
Fronting as a Mod Member

Hmmm... I think OCF is a few hundred million users away from being able to "cash in" like FB is about to do.

I done got Pinked...

Be sure to pre-tin everything (even soldered stuff!) with leaded solder. None of the RoHS junk. You want good old fashioned toxic heavy metals. ~ Bobnova
Seebs is offline Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-10-12, 07:03 PM Thread Starter   #3
Wathnix

10 Year Badge

well, if we make ourselves to be like facebook then more people will come here, then we make lots of money in IPO!!

Old 05-10-12, 07:53 PM   #4
gregmacknass

I think that someone here should make an overclockers game. Make it where you select your hardware and cooling method, then see how far you can push it before it explodes in your face. I think that would be amusing. But as far as getting the "exposure" that Facebook has, it will never happen. There probably aren't even 200M custom PC builders/users in the world much less overclockers. About the only way that you could come even close is to change the site completely to a general computer forum, and even then those are a dime a dozen. That would just be horrible. Can you imagine answering questions about why old granny's keyboard quit working, only to find out she put it through the dishwasher. Or my gateway this, my dell that. I think that what we have here is a great small community of computer enthusiast's, and personally I would like to keep it that way.

EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP 1.21v 800/1250/1600 EK full cover front and back block
Antec EA750
55" Toshiba 55WX800U LED 1080P monitor
gregmacknass is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-10-12, 08:04 PM   #5
Bobnova
Innocent Senior Member

That's a lotta beer.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Heatware.
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-15-12, 11:34 AM   #6
Lord Vader

I despise Facebook and anything that is Facebook integrated which is most everything these days. I value enjoy my privacy and anonymity thank you very much.

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
Kingston Hyper-X 8GB DD3 1600mhz RAM
MSI GTX 760 TF 1085 GPU 1500 mem
60GB OCZ Vertex SSD, 5TB external storage
Lord Vader is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-15-12, 01:11 PM   #7
PanteraGSTK

10 Year Badge

I tried to drink until that made sense, but I passed out and woke up on my roof (somehow). My wife keeps giving me dirty looks and won't speak to me. I kinda wonder what happened...

EVGA 750i SLI FTW, Q6600 @ 3200mhz 1.325v, vdroop mod, Kingston pc8500 4gb, 2x 8800GT in SLI, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB,WD 320GB for games, Xclio 650w psu, Scythe Infinity 2X Kingwin 80cfm 120mm fans, X-fi xtreme gamer, Windows 7 Ultimate

Bill Gates over heard saying "If i had a penny for every time Windows Crashed... Oh wait, I do."
PanteraGSTK is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-15-12, 02:46 PM   #8
hafa
Premium Member #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
I despise Facebook and anything that is Facebook integrated which is most everything these days. I value enjoy my privacy and anonymity thank you very much.
+1

All facebook-related domains are blocked at the router here. Let's keep OCF, OCF.

HTPC: Core i3 540/8GB/300GB Raptor/GTS450-1GB/W7P-64 ~|~ File Server: (Green) AMD 4850E/4GB/6TB RAID/Windows Server 2008 ~|~ Notebook/Workstation: M780 Toshiba Convertible Tablet/i7 M620/8GB/128GB Crucial M4 SSD /7200RPM 750GB/W8 Pro

hafa is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-15-12, 08:52 PM Thread Starter   #9
Wathnix

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
Drink more beer and Facebook will look like a good idea after all. You may even find yourself playing Farmville

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.