• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NZXT Hue Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ohhhh this is what was in everones white box :rofl:

That is pretty cool. If I still used a case (and used lighting for that matter) I would pick one of these up.

i don't think it does UV, but if you found someone manufacturing UV strip leads i am sure could throw it into the mix.

Maybe we can suggest this to them for the next revision. As I do love UV reactive case modifications.

Looks cool, but it ain't for me... Not that I won't like to have different colours and that in my case, just that I could do something with RGB LED stripes and an Arduino. It would be cheaper (you can find a meter of RGB LED stripe for barely 5 USD), open source (want to control depending on your CPU temperature? You could hack something with a LM35!)

Nevertheless, it's a nice project that will find a home for those that don't want or don't have the time to mess with DIY electronics.

@TJ, I hardly think RGB stripes can give UV light, because they are merely three LEDs (R,G,B) stuffed in the same SMD package)

@ehume, nice review. I just find a little think you could improve. Could you upload a video showing the different effects? And what the blue knob does while it's fading? That would make the review perfect :thup:!

Last edited:
Ooh...very cool.
I don't have any lights in my case yet (Still a WIP with mods and water cooling)

I might pick this up.
Thanks for the review

Not a bad price, and takes care of all the DIY. But, like txus.palacios said, you could homebrew this yourself.

I was planning on doing something like this with an addressable LED strip in my case already. Like others have said, this seems to be aimed at those who want a "pre-built" package for case lighting.

And awesome idea txus.palacios. Totally forgot about reacting to the temperature of various components (or possibly the water temp in a liquid cooling setup). I will have to add this to my list of ideas. Now I just have to find the time to make it clean and hidden...

Wonder is it can do white light?

It can do white. It's controlled via RGB, so depending on the amount you adjust each hue (get it?) depends on the color.

For the price, there's nothing else out there that can compete with it from a manufactured level. Of course, DIY'ers and modders could probably put something together similar, though, that might take a bit of ingenuity and a knowledge of circuitry to do so.

The nice thing is that this uses Superflux LEDs, not your standard 3-5mm LEDs. The color and light is richer and more balanced throughout than typical LEDs can offer.

Why is everyone fighting for one of my 5 1/4 bays. I wish they offered this with a controller that was all shoved into a tiny box that was like 1"H x 2"W by whatever deep.

It is def cool looking but I my 5 1/4 bays are taken up by resevoirs!

Looks cool, but it ain't for me... Not that I won't like to have different colours and that in my case, just that I could do something with RGB LED stripes and an Arduino. It would be cheaper (you can find a meter of RGB LED stripe for barely 5 USD), open source (want to control depending on your CPU temperature? You could hack something with a LM35!)

Can you control those strips with a T-Balancer BigNG?

I have one just laying around since I got a Sabertooth 990FX I just don't have a use for it anymore.

Why is everyone fighting for one of my 5 1/4 bays. I wish they offered this with a controller that was all shoved into a tiny box that was like 1"H x 2"W by whatever deep.

It is def cool looking but I my 5 1/4 bays are taken up by resevoirs!

There is a similar product available at IKEA (called DIODER) that is veeeery small, but without the fancy fading and such. It works just as good.

Can you control those strips with a T-Balancer BigNG?

I have one just laying around since I got a Sabertooth 990FX I just don't have a use for it anymore.

You could make something with three voltage-regulated fan outputs.

got mine and almost half the strip doesn't light up blue, deal breaker considering I have a blue theme and only bought it for the blue, and different modes. seems a lot of people have this problem.

Back