• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI GTX 650 Ti Power Edition Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

msi_gtx650ti-12-640x425.jpg

It's another Kepler launch day for NVIDIA! The thrust behind this launch is to bridge the price/performance gap between the GTX 650 and GTX 660. This time around the GTX 650 Ti takes center stage. The MSI GTX 650 Ti Power edition will be our specimen as we dive in for a look at this new NVIDIA GPU architecture.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
No comments yet? Really?
Crazy.

Excellent review as always! It's interesting to see what MSI has done with the reference card. Tossed most of it!

Agreed, great review as always Dino!

Bobn, wasn't the 2+1 reference power section cute?

A similarly equipped HD 7770 will cost about the same price as this card

Not to be a troll, but how is this true? The $20-30 cheaper part is much more realistic...

Otherwise, excellent review.

Not to be a troll, but how is this true? The $20-30 cheaper part is much more realistic...

Otherwise, excellent review.
There are some HD 7770's that cost the same as this card, and there are some that are less. But, the same can be said for the GTX 660 Ti as there are options that cost less than this card too. I guess by similar I meant stepped up from reference designs via power delivery, cooling, etc.

Im amazed any company would take the time to make a more robust power delivery area while Nvidia is still neutering the power limits. It seems kind of pointless to invest that money/effort in to it to me...

I went to go fix the red underline in that picture, but someone beat me to it. Thanks whoever that was!

can somone plese tell my with all the advancments in graphics engenering and todays lust for more performance, why they would even make a card with no sli support! doesnt make any sence to me?

In SLI two $150 cards beats one $300 card. That's bad for business, as the gross is the same for Nvidia but the costs are higher.

NVIDIA will tell you it's to hold the cost down for their beloved customer. They would also point out (whether it's true or not) that this particular model isn't something most people would SLI anyway. But in all reality it has more to do with what Mr. Nova has described.

Back