• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Kickstarter and Game Development: Highlighting Games Coming to Linux Part 1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm already in for this game :D

I have BG, BG2, IWD, IWD2, NWN, NWN2, DAO, FO, FO2, FOT, FO3, and FO:NV with all their DLC/expansions as well. All good RPGs, and I'm sure Project Eternity will be a great game too.

Well, I'm in. Hopefully they hit 3 mil for the stronghold. I always like the concept of building something. 36 more backers for mega dungeon, sounds exciting

The Linux Action Show showing overclockers.com some love around 42:54.

For those who are interested in some really high quality podcasts Jupiter Broadcasting has shows for everyone from gamers to Sys Admins, to politics junkies and more.

They are excited for Project Eternity and so am I!

That's cool that we were mentioned in the Linux Action Show, but those guys failed hard at knowing the good games produced by the people at Obsidian... How could they not mention Baldur's Gate, Planescape or NWN, and look like they have never heard of Icewind Dale? :rofl:

Meh, what are you going to do?

Following games is not for everyone. They have more 'important' stuff to track. Those guys are busy as hell

Project Eternity just hit their last stretch goal listed ($3.5 Mill and counting)

Good on them, they have a lot of people excited, I hope they didnt create more hype than they can handle

Only slightly on-topic, but how are Linux distros on drivers at this point? It has been years since I've used it (and my wife won't have it), but back in the day there wasn't real 3D on Linux because there were no drivers. If I put a 7970 on a Linux machine, can it run 3D gaming like Windows can? (3D meaning normal gaming - BF3, Diablo III, etc; not actual 3D.)

So ATI is still the odd ball for linux

NVIDIA cards have 0 problems. With ATI, it seems to be hit and miss depending on which driver you install ("Offical" vs repo) and which card you have.

The 5xxx series for example work better with the repo drivers, the 6xxx series is the reverse, where the repo drivers dont have the support for 6xxx fleshed out yet.

I don't know anything about the 7xxx and driver support. Phoronix is a great place for that sort of information.

Nice article!

I loved those games so I just sponsored Project Eternity too!:thup:

Only 5 hours left on the kickstarter.

Get in while you still can. They offer some great add-ons.... damn them I am pledging more than I intended

They added a $350 pledge tier that includes an OEM AMD A10 CPU, and they added a final stretch goal of $4,000,000 to "enhance" the whole game.

Back