• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Noctua NF-F12 - Zaward Golf G3 - Alpenfohn 120 Fan Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Now, you may be thinking, Fans? ...What's so interesting about fans?? Or you may not even be that fussed, just a tad curious. Whatever guys, fans are incredibly versatile. Hopefully this review will show a bit about how diverse the fan market is and what's on offer for people. From extreme flow rates to the super quiet, people usually have different needs.

... Return to article to continue reading.

man the voghn? looked promising sucks they were so loud

As you can clearly see from the diagram, the airflow has a much more directional exit when compared to the “conventional fan”. This improves static pressure, which means it should perform well with high resistance devices such as heatsinks and radiators

I assume that this is salesman speak. This would actually reduce static pressure but increase stagnation pressure. The higher velocity of the air flow would simply take heat away more quickly.

Other than that, a really nice piece. I enjoy reading articles like this.

man the voghn? looked promising sucks they were so loud

The Alpenfohns were not loud at all. The volume was between the Zaward and Noctua. The noise level was very acceptable.

So few comments...

I love fans, and all things cooling, so it was a must read.
Nice and cohesive, here's hoping for some more fan reviews.;)

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback. I might well be doing some more cooling reviews soon so keep your eyes peeled. ;)

ah sorry im bad at reading graphs and remembering which were which :\

Back