• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS GTX 660 DirectCU II Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

At last check, ASUS has four GTX 660 video card offerings to choose from. Three of them are their "TOP" factory overclocked versions, and the fourth is based on NVIDIA's reference GPU core speed of 980 MHz (1033 MHz Boost Clock). Today's review will be on the non TOP version, which carries a part number of GTX660-DC2-2GD5.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
QUOTE : It’s been said that the GTX 660 cards should fall in between the AMD HD 7770 and HD 7850, in both performance and price.

Seriously? :eh?:

Last edited:
QUOTE : It’s been said that the GTX 660 cards should fall in between the AMD HD 7770 and HD 7850, in both performance and price.

Seriously? :eh?:

yep. the 660 is a little faster then a 7850 in performance... slightly more expensive too... the 7870 is a better GPU for about the same price.

Idiot card....more hit,lower perfomance and much more expensive than a HD 7950.
I found 300 euros a GTX 660 TI 2GB Gigabyte and in the same price a HD 7950 3 GB Gigabye.

In some of the photos you can see a thermal pad.
Do they dry out?
Do I have to replace it after some time?
Can I use paste instead?
nice review.

The thermal pads are sort-of a rubbery material on ASUS cards. I doubt they'll dry out until years down the road, if at all. You can replace it with paste, but there is a bit of wiggle room with a thermal pad; contact doesn't have to be perfect. With paste, it's got to be spot on or you might have issues. I'd leave the pads on. FWIW.

No fear of the pads drying out like hokie says. I would say they will easily last the life of the card.

@avaro, this review was on the GTX 660, not the GTX 660 Ti. From what I am seeing here in the states, this card is anywhere from $60 to $70 less than the HD7950.

Back