• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE New 3DMark Trailer released by Futuremark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They have to do something new.
There's no new directX, there's no new anything else either, just a new 3dmark.
Overusing the last update seems like the way to go I guess, though I can't say I'm overly happy about it.

We have a bit of an update. Below are screenshots from their DX10 benchmark ("...uses a DirectX 11 engine limited to Direct3D feature level 10_0, making it suitable for testing DirectX 10 compatible hardware found in notebooks and typical home PCs. It is also an ideal benchmark for entry-level DirectX 11 integrated graphics solutions that could struggle to run the more demanding Fire Strike test.) called Cloud Gate. Cloud Gate also includes two graphics tests and a physics test. I wonder how long this benchmark will take to run?

This will also be available across multiple platforms including

Another note is that sadly, this will not be released this year, but Futuremark is looking towards the first part of 2013, January to be specific, for the windows platform, and Q1 2013 for Android, iOS, and Windows RT.

The last update are the editions, Futuremark had this to say: 3DMark will be available as a free Basic Edition on all platforms, a paid Advanced Edition with more options for the enthusiast, and a Professional Edition designed for business users.

For more screenshots, please visit the Futuremark website: http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark

3dmark-cloud-gate-screenshot-1.jpg

3dmark-cloud-gate-screenshot-2.jpg

3dmark-cloud-gate-screenshot-3.jpg

3dmark-cloud-gate-screenshot-7.jpg

Last edited:
so good thing is mainly that you will be able to run older cards what was impossible in 3DM11

Requirements (compatibility) state DX11 card though (even though bench is DX10, its running DX11 but limited to DX10 features), so I think you may be SOL there, but Im not sure...

I found only this -> "DirectX 11 engine supporting DirectX 10 hardware". But I'm sure that I saw something about DX9, DX10 and DX11 tests ... just don't know what hardware is needed to get any score.
They could already publish it. All year there was info that new 3DMark will be later this year and now we have info that it will be later this month... not much left ;)

It was pushed back to January, but yeah, please release!

The information about compatibility I can quote from the fact sheet on it (thanks Hokie!)

Compatibility
Windows Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows RT
DirectX 11 compatible GPU required to run all tests.

So what that means, as in what you need to get a complete score, I do not know.

MMM glad they added some new more interesting scenes as benchmarks I found the bulk of 3d11 rather boring. This looks like it will be much more enjoyable to watch similar to vantage.

Futuremark has released YouTube trailer of Cloud Gate, "designed for testing for DirectX 10 compatible notebooks and typical home PCs".

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Shows you can still do some amazing work with DX10 if you put your mind (or your dev team) to it. :)

Last edited:
"nonono new cards are dx11 you need dx11 trust us "
sincerely
nvidia / amd

Release date is official: February 4th at 18:00 UTC (which, strange for us EST people who are used to being catered to, is 1:00pm EST).

Back