• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Cooler Master Seidon 240M All-In-One Water Cooler Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

It seems everyone is jumping in the all-in-one water cooling market these days, and Cooler Masterhopes to make a splash with their recently released Seidon 240M. Today is official launch day for the new Seidon 240M AIO, and Overclockers is here to provide you with a look at this new offering from Cooler Master. So, without further ado, let's dive in!
... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for helping me out on this one sir!

Last edited:
Would love to see a bench test between these coolers with all the same custom fans... And of course a good custom fan instead of some crappy ones.

I don't understand the approved stamp. Why don't you have 3 levels of stamped that while it isn't meh, it isn't approved?

It is more expensive, but is just as good as the Noctua. Also, it will be more annoying than the noctua to install. You also need a very good case to put the dual radiator in while the noctua will go in most standard ATX cases.

There is also this

The 12 V pump itself comes with an impressive 70,000 hour life expectancy, draws a mere 1.8 watts, and operates at a noise level less than 25 dBA

I'm sure the pump starts off life like this, but when i had the H70 the pump got louder over time; particularly, if i remounted the radiator. After about 18 months i decided that the best way to improve my computer was to gently remove the H70 and place it safely in the bin. Now i have the NH-D14, which is almost silent and performs just as well.

As a side note, doesn't the Silver Arrow outperform the NH-D14?

I don't understand the approved stamp. Why don't you have 3 levels of stamped that while it isn't meh, it isn't approved?

It is more expensive, but is just as good as the Noctua. Also, it will be more annoying than the noctua to install. You also need a very good case to put the dual radiator in while the noctua will go in most standard ATX cases.

There is also this

I'm sure the pump starts off life like this, but when i had the H70 the pump got louder over time; particularly, if i remounted the radiator. After about 18 months i decided that the best way to improve my computer was to gently remove the H70 and place it safely in the bin. Now i have the NH-D14, which is almost silent and performs just as well.

As a side note, doesn't the Silver Arrow outperform the NH-D14?

I can't speak for lvcoyote, but I give products an approved if it does it's intended job easily and at a fair price. A product doesn't have to be the absolute best in the market to get approved since there are a lot of products out there that are very close in price and performance and it would be a shame if only one is recommended due to it performing just 1 degree better. It would be pretty bleak for reviews if only the top dog got a nod since other products are good too.

Also not worthy of a "meh" since it does it good job at a god price without any issue or flaws.

I have found it hard to ensure the NH-d14 will fit some cases, while any 240mm AIO cooler will fit just about any case that says it has room for dual 120 fans up top. Even budget cases have that now, but not every case has the depth required to fit such a massive cooler as the NH-d14. Also it has compatibility issues with some ram slots and it next to impossible to remove RAM without taking the cooler off.

I think you are right, about the silver arrow out performing the NH-d14. The NH-d14 is still one of the best coolers and we can only test what we have.

Glad to hear you are liking you NH-d14.

Hollah~!

Bro, most excellent review. :)

The instalation pics are very helpful and intuititve. If, I were to purchase a better cooling solution than my cooler master copper HSF; this would be it!

lv, has once again, completed another, helpful, and precise review.

Danka, Krag :)

There is a $15 MIR available if purchased at Newegg, making the final price $89.99. And free shipping. That's definitely an attractive price point!

Show me the PCB! I wants to seeeeeeee it!
Cardboard carton looks awfully Asetekish, though the triangle bolts on the heatplate don't.

Comparison Units

Swiftech H220 AIO LCS

What happened to the h220 results?? :confused:

My bad, that was a copy paste from the H220 review I'm preparing. It's been fixed and thanks for the keen eye there ivan!

If you click on the Aproved stamp, like the greyed out message mentions, it will take you to the Overclockers.com Product Rating System article that explains everything. Basically, the "finer" a rating system becomes, the harder it is to distinguish between products that are close to one another in that "fine" rating system. So, we went with a "coarse" rating system. Here's the definition of our Approved stamp:
The product performs well at stock and at overclocking, for modding, etc. where relevant. It isn’t necessarily the best of its type, but it performs well enough that we could recommend it with a clear conscience.
Hope that clears it up :thup:

Cooler Master Blade Masters BIG THUMBS UP

If I'm no mistaking those are cooler master blade masters and I have for a long time been saying they are the go to fan for me. I must have PWM must have quiet operation and great performance. The Exaclibur fan does not outperform the blade master enough and has much more noticeable noise level even starting out before it starts to exceed the rpm of the blade master. I'd leave it up to the pros to say wether the excalibur is with the double price difference over the blade master but unless I see that in a review to me the blade master is the most affordable high performance radiator fan in my book. Hell every fan in your case fan and run them all off the cpu with a splitter that uses molex thats what is so great about PWM

Personally have 2 of the BMs with 3 excaliburs on a single channel and they work well together. The excals are on a thick radiator with tons of fins and the BMs are on intake and exhaust duty. All linked to CPU temp.

So props for them using those fans... cost efficient good power to noise ratio and great overall speed control in on a pwm header.

Back