• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Zalman MS800 Mid-Tower Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

For most of you, the name Zalman will conjure up visions of quiet CPU coolers, and for good reason, they've been at the cooler game for many years now. Zalman's product offerings have blossomed into a wide array of items over the past few years; and today, we'll be looking at one of their new cases, the MS800 to be exact. The sub $100 mid-tower case market is saturated with literally hundreds of available options and is one of the most competitive areas of all PC components. Let’s explore the Zalman MS800 and find out if it has what it takes to separate itself from the competition!
... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
meh. cases are getting more and more boring lol. 90% of mid towers are all the same exact frame with some plastic clipped on : good review.

Idk why people care so much about front intakes, it seems like they would all be blocked by the cages for the HDDs, at least, the 200m and 120mm slots on the front of my CM Cosmos II are blocked more than partially by it.

I must say though, Zalman cases are entirely my style, the black and silver minimalist affair and all of that. There are not to many visually loud cases around anymore, not like my old Chimera 2 I thought was cool when I was 14,anyways. I was particularly fancying the GS1000 for my current build.

Though you guys should review this Zalman next if they let ya...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811235028

apparently a GS1000 successor.

I love Zalman cases, but you have to remember when you are designing a low-mid end mid-tower case you need to account for people who do not add fans. Most people who buy budget or sub-$100 cases do not add any additional fans. In this situation a front intake can be a crucial inlet for cool air especially since bottom intake fans are pretty much useless...

That said, I do like the style of the case and Zalman cases have been awesome in the last couple years, which is why I was so surprised by the overlook.

I really like the design of Zalman cases and I am currently using a Zalman Z11 plus. It's just a real shame that they always miss opportunities and make mistakes with the design. These often seem to be stupid things like not using the correct fan spacing for a dual radiator, or not allowing enough space for a top CPU AUX12V and a top fan (in the Z11).

Back