• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA Introduces The GTX TITAN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure... they havent yet optimized the client for Kepler, none the less this thing... 680 barely beats a 580... bleh.

I am glad to hear this isn't a limited production item. Although with such a high price I don't think many people would buy one.

$1000 for this thing is a bit much to me. It had better match a 690 or spank 2 7970's at that price! If not, I wouldnt touch it and just go multi card route... oh and have a 2560x1440+ monitor or multiple monitors to snag one of these presumably bad boys. I wonder how m uch, if any CPU limited it is at 1080p?

He can't, there's an NDA.
That's the downside to getting free hardware, you have to abide by the NDAs.

AMD has no shot at beatin this, although how badly would this beat a 690? Certainly not by much if theyre the same price...

AMD has no shot at beatin this, although how badly would this beat a 690? Certainly not by much if theyre the same price...

They probably don't, but again this is out of their price barrier by a significant margin. I look at AMD not putting out a competitor to the 3960X/3970X processors from Intel as a corrolary to this. The total amount sold is so relatively small that they are better off spending the R&D to sell 100:1 cards at $300 rather than $1000. (granted that ratio is made up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were close to that)

What about that new 1500$ limited edition ASUS monstrosity?
Be interesting to see that vs this

Ah all is right with the world now that oc.com's biggest nvidia fanboy has spoken.

It wont happen this year, it might not happen next year, but guess what, one day this card will history, beaten and slow.

Now, that a side, AMD are not putting any new cards out this year, so, its pretty obvious to even a girl that only cares about her looks, that AMD wont be beatin it (anytime soon) By the looks of things, nvidia could also be wanting cut down on devlopment costs for a few year by making one finaly over the top product.

Lol im not the biggest NVidia fanboy I have one GTX 670 go find someone with two 690s =P

Thanks for the compliment though, one day I hope to work for nVidia, perhaps programming drivers, help them keep beating AMD in that way too lol.

Of course, tech changes so fast anythin will be outdated soon.

The 8xxx series isnt coming out this year? I thought it was. Guess this will be the Year of nVidia

Lol im not the biggest NVidia fanboy I have one GTX 670 go find someone with two 690s =P

Thanks for the compliment though, one day I hope to work for nVidia, perhaps programming drivers, help them keep beating AMD in that way too lol.

The 8xxx series isnt coming out this year? I thought it was. Guess this will be the Year of nVidia

From what I read, AMD doesn't have anything in this market for this fiscal year...

Aren't they accusing of nVidia from stealing company secrets?

He can't, there's an NDA.
That's the downside to getting free hardware, you have to abide by the NDAs.
ya soo annoying free $1000 GPU and cant even bench
hey for 1k gpu i wouldnt mind not benching for a few weeks

Ah all is right with the world now that oc.com's biggest nvidia fanboy has spoken.

It wont happen this year, it might not happen next year, but guess what, one day this card will history, beaten and slow.

Now, that a side, AMD are not putting any new cards out this year, so, its pretty obvious to even a girl that only cares about her looks, that AMD wont be beatin it (anytime soon) By the looks of things, nvidia could also be wanting cut down on devlopment costs for a few year by making one finaly over the top product.

i still think AMD not releasing 8xxx is a wrong rumor i hoping they will release something cause i love AMD cards
(go BTC!)

no the people with two 690s have too much money...... oh btw AMD FTW :salute:

AMD could do it exactly the same way Nvidia made the Titan. Picture a 280w TDP 3900 core AMD Zeus. Bye bye Titans.

This will likely lose to a 690, just count the cores. 2688 vs 3072.
What it won't have is microstutter or SLI compatibility issues.

AMD could do it exactly the same way Nvidia made the Titan. Picture a 280w TDP 3900 core AMD Zeus. Bye bye Titans.

This will likely lose to a 690, just count the cores. 2688 vs 3072.
What it won't have is microstutter or SLI compatibility issues.

+1

Why do i always get the sense that your 14? You have proved before that you have little if any knowladge on how the world econmics work, not that this would stop you from getting a job at nvidia, i honestly from the bottom of my heart hope they hire you.

Oh and btw, just cos you only have 670, and not 2x690, has nothing to do with being a fanboy.

Back