• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Logisys PS480X2 PSU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is anything by logisys not total crap? I've had lots of LEDS and fans from them and every single one was short lived garbage. I would never trust them with a critical component like a PSU.

It's a shame that they didn't make both fans exhaust fans so that they could claim "dual exhaust" to appeal to the North American market instead of just the Three Mile Island market.

After reading this I'm kind of worried since some of the power supplies in the systems where I work are Logisys-branded.

I laughed out loud reading it though, it's hilarious that it is such a total epic failure of a product.

Did it fry anything when you were testing though?

I'd give them the eyeball, personally.
Brand new this unit is functional, if excessively rippleish, at iGPU/stockCPU type loads. I seriously doubt the BH caps would have aged well though, so the ripple would almost certainly get worse over time.
Before the soldering iron came out it was very good about shutting itself down before it exploded, impressively so really.
I could see it powering a super low end system for some time without noticeable issues, but I certainly wouldn't recommend trying it!

200mV on the 3.3 V rail runs the risk of frying things or causing problems, my testing equipment doesn't care in the slightest, but a computer might.

I'm going to try to get some "higher end" logisys units at some point. This was a fun review to do, too.

hilarious review. loved it, bobnova. 'no padding here, bummer for it' killed me.

This is amazing and I'm gonna replace my AX1200 with it.

You should do more of these crap PSU reviews (you're review's aren't crap, the PSUs are... :L)

I plan to. I have the next subject right now and am taking a break from wiring my test space for 240v in order to test it to type this :D

Love it! It's nice to see what "low budget" parts really provide. I think the review is great and really shows what passes for specs on some of the budget gear out there. Excellent review. :rofl:

What's sad is if they honestly rated these for the 250w they'd handle, and maybe have them be $12 shipped it'd be way less damaging to their (admittedly already bad) reputation and might actually sell more with people looking for just a completely bare bones OEM replacement supply.

Sadly, this is at least better built than the "ChiefMax 650W" power supply, which is a fun one to look up on johnnyguru :rofl:

You should test how well it works as a doorstop. I imagine it would work better on carpet than a wood or tile floor.

Not well, it weighs roughly nothing.
Your average paperback book (ok my average sci-fi paperback book, ~400 pages) weighs more.

If they rated it at 200w or so and beefed the output caps up by a buck or so and the output filter inductors by maybe $1.50 it'd be a serviceable unit. Not good persay, but serviceable.
I was amazed at how close to functional it really was.

Logisys if you're listening, beef it up a bit and send me another one! If it's good we can work on that reputation :D

Sadly, this is at least better built than the "ChiefMax 650W" power supply, which is a fun one to look up on johnnyguru

---

Happy Diamond Moon Gigglepower 650W

LMFAO

PSU reviews like these really help the Corsairs, Seasonics, Antecs, Silverstones, etc of the world =P

Thought about it. Did take 720P video with my camera. Would have been a boring stream in this case, but I do have another unit to assault...

Yeah, it'll be nice evidence for the insurance company when your house burns down =P

Back