• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Cooler Master Storm Quickfire TK Mechanical Keyboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Cooler Master is a company that branches out into multiple facets ofthe computing experience. Their products include cases, power supplies, coolers, fans, and a peripheral line that includes keyboards and mice. In this article I will be reviewing the Cooler Master Storm Quickfire TK mechanical keyboard, which features Cherry MX Red switches. The company also offers the same keyboard with MX Brown and MX Blue switches, each with their own color schemes. For information on the switch specifications, please check my Mechanical Keyboard Showdown...
... Return to article to continue reading.

Was a fun keyboard to use, thanks CoolerMaster for the sample!

I do not know 100%, it doesn't specify online but I couldn't imagine that not working, but because it can do all of the functions (including nkro) would you need a PS/2 port?

got my Blue one the other day. Only thing i can say that i hate about it is that you have to press the numlock key on/off to get to the arrows, and on/off again to get to the +/- of the number pad. Pain to overclock with lol.
otherwise, i love it, especially the different LED schemes.

PS/2 is superior to USB. N-Key rollover usually is not all the keys and only a few commonly used such as q to r, a to f and the number keys. PS/2 allows all keys to be pressed at once regardless of which ones. Does this board have NKRO across the entire board via USB?

And a lot of newer mechanical keyboards do not have the capability to use PS/2 even with an adapter. The Razer Black widow does not work over PS/2. The Quickfire Rapid is a filco re-brand so it does have PS/2.

I'll test it out for you tonight. The keyboard didn't come with a ps2 adapter though so I will have to see if I can scrounge one up.

To be fair, the box that I was sent wasn't a full retail box (it was a white box with the keyboard in it, came with a key remover though).

I could be wrong and may have just mis-placed it.

update:

tried out nkro over USB and I couldn't find a combination of 6 keys that wouldn't all recognize while being pressed. If you have any suggestions on combinations I'm happy to try them.

I found a USB->PS2 adapter and it did not work (rebooted PC with it plugged in and it didn't recognize it).

Last edited:
yes, I tried all over the keyboard (z v o k t / as an example)

Hmm it really looks nice, but i love my logitech g19. Only thin about the g19 that sucks is the software. Besides that it is all good :)

yes, I tried all over the keyboard (z v o k t / as an example)
I use the arrow keys to move in game and I can only press like 3-4 keys at once while using the arrow keys. Now, if I use the WASD keys, its fine. So certain areas of the keyboard it can affect (says yoda). :thup:

Back