• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti BOOST Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, not really; I just have to do it to take photos of the board with the cooler off.

It might help compared to whatever cheapo stock goop they put on there, but you're probably talking a few degrees at most.

found my answer
Originally Posted by XFX Official Warranty
** XFX has carefully selected the optimal thermal or fansink component for your graphics card model. We do not encourage the removal of components due to damage that may result in the process. XFX understands that some enthusiasts may choose to replace the original component with their own cooling solution. To support the gaming community, we recommend that you contact XFX prior to any modifications so that we can update your profile and product registration to avoid potential issues with warranty support. In addition, XFX support will be able to walk through the installation with you or provide feedback and pointers on available options for your specific product. You may even consider shipping your components to XFX and allow the technicians at XFX to perform the modification for you (shipping charges to XFX apply).

link

link

Oh that is correct.. Nice!

*Edit: after re-reading the article I see the guidelines for game benchmarks.. My bad.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I forgot to note in the review that I've already got an EVGA GTX 650 Ti BOOST SuperClocked in-hand and will be reviewing that soon so we'll also have some SLI results for you.

Other cards are starting to roll in as well. EarthDog has a Galaxy version coming and I think one other is supposed to be coming. :thup:

Yeah, i also want to know how one could get on the review team.. i buy a lot of misc parts and would like to review them for other people so they can know if they should buy or not.. :)

I started by writing tutorials on forums ages ago. I was also a moderator at the abit (former motherboard manufacturer) technical support forum, so that gave me a small bit of hardware/industry knowledge credibility. Then when I heard through a friend a site he wrote for wanted a writer, I used those tutorials as writing samples and was added to the team of a smaller site.

Then, when Overclockers revamped their home page about four years ago now, I jumped in on the ground floor. Several of us core editors built our industry contacts (most of the manufacturers had worked with past people on our site, but we were a new team so we had to rebuild those relationships). We're a large enough site that we have the privilege of working directly with Intel, AMD (both sides - CPU & GPU) and NVIDIA as well as the vast majority of their partners. After doing this in some form for the past six'ish years, it's just grown to the point we're at now.

Anyone is welcome to submit reviews for the front page with the caveat that you have to meet our editorial standards and it has to be on something we haven't either already reviewed or have already planned for review.

ok, noob question how did you guys start doing reviews?

Yeah, i also want to know how one could get on the review team.. i buy a lot of misc parts and would like to review them for other people so they can know if they should buy or not.. :)

If you want to get involved, here's the info sticky from the News Team sub-forum. Just read up and create a thread with questions.

That info sticky is a little dated though.

Probably the best thing to do is pick out a piece of hardware you have and write a review of it.
Read some of the reviews on the OCF frontpage, that is the writing quality and review quality that you'll need.
Do note that it takes a while, it's far from a free lunch. My average PSU review for instance takes 4-6 hours and is 3000-4000 words and 3-5 dozen pictures.
Average GPU review, excluding testing time (which is significant) is probably 3-4 hours for me, and another 3000-5000 words.
Longest so far was about 6000 or 7000 words, somewhere in there.
Shortest PSU review all time was "only" 2900 words.

So, start writing, post a thread with your review in it, and go from there.

The other thing of course is that you need the equipment to actually test whatever it is you're reviewing. Sometimes that's easy, other times (PSUs for instance) it's not.

Back