• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would like to see AMD's answer for that. rumors says not until 2014Q1, I hope not...

would the GTX 670/680 be made cheaper?
if that is the case, that will be quite smart of nvidia to take down more market share..

having a impossible time trying to justify this upgrade over my 24/7 1285 core / 1950 mem oced 7970.

i wouldn't be surprised if stock it was slower than this card runs now.

if i did buy it it would just be so i can upgrade my guest pc from a 480gtx which also runs ok.

thought the 780 would be better than this might just wait for 8xxx cards.

maybe it will be worth the $ then black.
and i doubt it .. maybe 6 months to 1 year from the 8xxx release yes but not in 6 months from now.

So it almost beats 7950 CF but it no doubt way smoother. Come on AMD get that driver fix for CF out to help me

Id almost bet money on the 8xxx appearing by the end of August if not sooner.

+1. They will have to counter this offering from Nvidia or they will be out on the streets. For new customers coming into the market they most likely will not buy 2x 7970s. A lot more fun to come :popcorn:

I have a hard decision to make in July. To 700 series or to not :confused:

i dunno if out on the streets is a realistic thing. nvidia launched like 6+ months after 7970 ect.

+1. They will have to counter this offering from Nvidia or they will be out on the streets.

I think you are overreacting I have not seen anything go wrong with AMD or Nvidia not having there new cards out in the past or present.

+1. They will have to counter this offering from Nvidia or they will be out on the streets. For new customers coming into the market they most likely will not buy 2x 7970s. A lot more fun to come :popcorn:

I have a hard decision to make in July. To 700 series or to not :confused:

i wager you otherwise.

meet AMD GPU roadmap
http://images.anandtech.com/doci/6751/AMD003.jpg

AMD is under the illusion that they are still ontop most of this year:
http://cdn2.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/AMD-Roadmap_1.jpg

Which is funny, cause except for benchmarks which AMD relies on, my GTX670 with mod-bios gives 7970 fps if not better in some games.
not to mention GTX 680 or the Titan.

Last edited:
I think you are overreacting I have not seen anything go wrong with AMD or Nvidia not having there new cards out in the past or present.

I didn't literally mean out on the streets. Lol. I just meant they're going to be losing marketshare, which is never good when you are #2 and strapped for cash.

I'm a greenie fanboy :chair:

I would like to see AMD's answer for that. rumors says not until 2014Q1, I hope not...

would the GTX 670/680 be made cheaper?
if that is the case, that will be quite smart of nvidia to take down more market share..

I really hope so, I've been itchin for a second 670. And with that I should be good on graphics for a while...

Why is Nvidia comparing it to a GTX580? That's like, ancient.
70% higher performance (in theory...) and 225% higher price :D

I was hoping to see some full retail board photos.

probably cause those that didn't buy the 680 is still on the 580..
so for 580 holders, comparing to 580 makes more sense.

and i think price just around 125% higher? (225% of original price, but 125% higher, 225% higher implies a 335% of original price.)

probably cause those that didn't buy the 680 is still on the 580..
so for 580 holders, comparing to 580 makes more sense.

Huh? Let's not portray this as something it is not.

The only reason that Nvidia compared it to the 580 is because it makes the numbers look better.

I really don't understand this corporate loyalty thing. You owe these companies nothing. You will do better for yourself and others if you look at everything these companies say critically.

This goes for all companies.

/rant

This launch is very similar to the last series, just reversed. Last time AMD had no competition for months. I am interested to see what the next gen cards are like.

Historically Nvidia's top cards have not been there best value cards. I want to see how the 'new' 770 stacks up.

I had read somewhere that AMD volcanic islands were coming along better than expected and would probably be out Q4,

Back