• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

With the recent release of the GTX 780, almost all the models available are sporting the reference clocks and reference coolers from NVIDIA. The exception happens to be EVGA, they had factory overclocked models and even a custom cooling solution ready for launch day. Today’s review sample happens to feature both of those exclusives. EVGA’s new Active Cooling Xtreme (ACX) dual axial fan cooler is meant to compete with and beat the competitors’ custom cooling designs. We’ll be testing this cooler and, of course, GPU performance of EVGA’s factory overclocked GTX 780 Superclocked ACX.
... Return to article to continue reading.

did I read this right?

cheaper than Titan, and Killing the Titan? this is interesting !

This is not the first test to confirm this. I wonder how Titan owners feel about their overpriced Titan cards now?

Oh and btw, i love the dollar vs. performance chart!

But seems like a solid card, shame about the price (which is higher where i live)

Last edited:
This is not the first test to confirm this. I wonder how Titan owners feel about their overpriced Titan cards now?

But seems like a solid card, shame about the price (which is higher where i live)

exactly!! I am surprised Nvidia is dumb enough to cannibalize their own crown jewel. :p

UNLESS.. the titan has a secret bios up its' sleeve, but i doubt it.

This card kind of reminds me of the GTX670 vs GTX680. When I tested the GTX670 and it came so close to the GTX680, I was similarly surprised as I am with the GTX780 now.

In my opinion, the only reason to buy TITAN is if more than 3GB of vRAM is needed and you don't want to go the SLI/CFX route. NVIDIA says there won't be any GTX780s with more than 3GB.

I like performance per dollar as well. In that market, AMD rules the roost.

Price on the GTX780 could be a little lower to get that performance/dollar higher, maybe somewhere right between the GTX680 and HD7970. However, companies can and will put premiums on products that have no competition, and you can't really blame them for that...

^This. If I had the buck, I'd get one... But with a new PSU, and a soon to be ordered 2nd 7970, altogether with an Haswell platform this summer, well, wallet's dry!:p

Great read, Really like the benchmarks all in one table, very clean and easy to compare overall performance.

I still think the Titan has yet to stretch it's legs.
Look at the beating it puts to Metro 2033

Doesn't look like EVGA produced any of these for the man on the street, OOS all over even at their site:confused:

They were in stock on day one. EVGA is almost the "card to have" in terms of nVidia, and I think they were the only non-reference cooler available at release.

They were in stock on day one. EVGA is almost the "card to have" in terms of nVidia, and I think they were the only non-reference cooler available at release.

This. They were at Newegg and EVGA and sold out very quickly.

If you live in Canada you can still pick one up last i checked...

I should also add at NCIX.CA you can pick up any GTX 780, they have stock on all of them except the ACX cooler which i was told the shipment will be coming in sometime this week.

Yeah, EVGA had the only factory overclocked models and the only custom cooler design for release day, so they sold out pretty quick.

Excellent review Matt!

Great pictures as always as well.

I wish these were good for benching :(

Love it, looks beautiful, like the EVGA GTX 670 2GB Superclocked Series 2 or whatever.

Go go go nVidiur

Back