• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wizzard is in the middle of updating on all new drivers. I havent been to that site in a couple weeks so he may be done, I dont know. Its actually more often than one would think. ;)

I really question Techpowerup benches.
s

well. nothing on the internet is worth trusting 80%+,
this goes to ALL sites, not just specific ones.

I run a lab in Japan, so I know that all too well. hahahaha.
Very often, and I mean VERY often, sites have what we can 'sponsoring biased'.
I guess it is self-explanatory. And you will never know 'for sure'.

I am a firm believer of 'test it yourself, and draw your own conclusions'.

and I only trust sites where I 'met' the people, and I know their results are justified enough.

For the rest: don't pick some on the internet as correct, and some as incorrect.
cause you do not know until YOU did the test, and picking one over the other, is at times, a 'Hypocritical' thing to do.
cause you are accusing others of doing exactly what you are doing. heh.

Things on the internet?

Just a reference point. :)

Last edited:
At $800! Impressive clocks though, 117MHz core over stock.

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Hydro Copper
Part Number: 03G-P4-2789-KR

•980Mhz Base Clock
•1033Mhz Boost Clock
•188.16GT/s Texture Fill Rate
•3072MB GDDR5 Memory
•6008Mhz Memory Clock
•288.38GB/s Memory Bandwidth

EVGA stuff are really getting quite good..

I had one of their 550Ti models before this Asus card, and I could OC the crap out of it!

But I had a buyer for my card and got a deal on the one I have now.

well. nothing on the internet is worth trusting 80%+,
this goes to ALL sites, not just specific ones.

I run a lab in Japan, so I know that all too well. hahahaha.
Very often, and I mean VERY often, sites have what we can 'sponsoring biased'.
I guess it is self-explanatory. And you will never know 'for sure'.

I am a firm believer of 'test it yourself, and draw your own conclusions'.

and I only trust sites where I 'met' the people, and I know their results are justified enough.

For the rest: don't pick some on the internet as correct, and some as incorrect.
cause you do not know until YOU did the test, and picking one over the other, is at times, a 'Hypocritical' thing to do.
cause you are accusing others of doing exactly what you are doing. heh.

Things on the internet?

Just a reference point. :)

I pointed out a single review that is inconsistent from a list of other popular review sites.
I'm not cherry picking 1 review or one game bench.
ED already cleared up the frequency at which they updated their numbers.
I don't see any harm in asking the question.

As far as testing it yourself.
I owned a 670 (1280 boost on core) fyi, I was very happy with it, and I'm very happy with my 7970s.

Agree to disagree

A little redundant, but...

Also take note of the Game Benchmarks... :p

Albeit that the HD 7970 used here is an uberified GHZ edition, the benchmarks display the performance gap between the AMD card and a GTX 680. It is likely that a superclocked GTX 680 would perform up to par with or better than the HD 7970, as displayed in this review. However, it looks like the AMD card has a definitive win in Battlefield 3.

I trust Techpowerup benches they are using the newest drivers.:)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 52
For the GTX780 SC ACX review, I re-benched my GTX 680 using the newest drivers available at the time, 314.22, and I used the data from EarthDog's most recent review for the HD7970. The following are the clocks the GPUs were running at during testing and the drivers used:

EVGA GTX 680 (Reference)
Driver: 314.22
Core: 1084 MHz
VRAM: 1502 MHz
Reference GTX680 cost: ~$450

MSI HD 7970 TFIII OC BE
Driver: 13.4
Core: 1050 MHz
VRAM: 1375 MHz
Price: $400

With the Classified, and I guess this is what he was getting at(??)... its more than just increased clock speeds. With PAST Nvidia implmentations, they have voltage read points, MUCH better PCB/power bits, etc. Its, usually, a lot more than clockspeeds. ;)

With the Classified, and I guess this is what he was getting at(??)... its more than just increased clock speeds. With PAST Nvidia implmentations, they have voltage read points, MUCH better PCB/power bits, etc. Its, usually, a lot more than clockspeeds. ;)

Well, I learned something today!

That's what I meant. I didn't know about the previous classifieds. I'm also wondering if there is any speculation as to whether EVGA will try to circumvent Nvidia's locking down of the voltages.

Back