• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

NVIDIA's GK104 based graphics cards made quite a splash while being used in some of the GTX 600 series cards, and nowthey make their presence known in the GTX 700 series as well. Today, we have a GTX 770 series card from ASUS to check out - the GTX 770 DirectCU II OC. We just knew ASUS was going to take the GTX 770 reference design, beef up the power delivery, and overclock it. It's what they do after all! So, let's take this latest offering from ASUS for a test drive and see how well their efforts have paid off.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Lol, only 7 FPS over 670/680... Metro 2033...

You're looking at it the wrong way. It's 7fps more than a 680 for $50-$100 less than a 680.

And in other games, the difference is much more significant (BF3 being 15-30fps more).

Cheaper in the US too, $450 + shipping.

In terms of bang/buck, this is one of the best NVIDIA has released in a while.

its not bad knufire. 400 would put it in a great area right now. i expect thats where it will settle.

I expect the 4gb to settle in the 400-425 range and i expect to see 2gb versions settling around 350-375. i could be wrong but to me it seems we should look at these as a more like a re-branding and expect prices of a re-brand to follow.

im glad they out perform the 680s but so did the 9800gt over the 8800gts even tho they were very similar. and the 9800gt was cheaper on the 2nd rebrand.

thats my theory i could be off by a mile.

the amazing part is the pricing !!!

this makes the 6xx series completely obsolete !

As a new release always should

The 7xxx series in nvidia made the 6xxx series obsolete.

Just like the 2xx series obsoleted the 8800/9800 lineups.

The only time you run into stagnancy is when they rebrand which feels like a sin to me tbh.

Say all you want about amd but I've never seen amd re-brand which is probably why they some how amazingly caught up to nvidia in tech. which in all reality from the acquisition of ATI to now should have not happened except nvidia has now re-branded 3x since that time including the 770 ofc. i include the 4xx/5xx series as a sort of re-brand as all they were is die shrinks to fix heat issues imho.

lol . ya kinda like the 210 /ect x10/x20 stuff from nvidia but those cards are so far from radar imho.

Knufire beats me to it.

I was gonna say, Nvidia tends to rebrand the whole line. But AMD seems to just reband the mid/low end.

AMD also rebranded the 7xxx series as the 8xxx OEM series, and (presumably) is going to release a different non-OEM 8xxx series later for their new architecture.

Point being, I don't think you can really hold it against either company.

Mobile both companies rebrand like crazy, desktop AMD rebrands mid range and some low end, sometimes. Desktop nvidia often rebrands to pretty epic levels, though sometimes they're more sedate about it. It's part of the game, really.
There isn't room for another gk110 between the 780 and the 680 though, and they're all Kepler anyway. I don't have an issue with it personally.

Lv would you mind checking the markings on the core MOSFETs and posting them? Is like to see what sort of MOSFETs those are.

Last edited:
just tell him now lvcyote leave bob in the dark for a bit haha

Back