• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All sold out on all sites!!

not like I have the budget... lol at self.

but proves the GTX 780 is quite popular so far. Good stuff.
I am drooling like a diseased animal just looking at the results.

It's going to hurt.
My guess, 5%, maybe 8%.
That's total guesswork though.

Great Review Matt!

Yes the GTX 780 is really nice. One thing people forget why the Titan is a bit better is not only more Vram but it also has DP. DP from what I recently read is disabled on the 780s. I don't use that kind of stuff but would've loved for this price range to be included even though I wouldn't use it but nice to have that incase you end up with simulations and or modeling (Cad) etc of the like. Not sure if DP utilizes better for Folding, Bitcoin so I am not sure but just throwing it out there.

Question for those out there that know as I might have confused myself a bit. From my understanding the reason why theres such a gap in price is because the Titan and 780 are under the GK110. The 770 and 680/670 are GK104. I would assume because of the jump theres such a premium price out there for those top 2 cards. Am I right? Isn't the GK110 basically a K20 chip from the Tesla GPUs used in the Titan server? So than would these GK110s basically are binned K20 GPUs? I'd like some verification as my mind can run off and fanaticize until its tamed.

Edit: One last thing, will I be ok on a PCI-E 2.0 x16 with a 780 Classy HC in a 5760x1080 platform?

Last edited:
Looks like it's in the 2-4% range on average. Some oddballs prefer PCIe 2.0 on the Nvidia side, which is odd.
The higher the performance of the GPU the more data it needs and the more the bus can bottleneck it, hence my expecting these cards to fare a bit worse than the 6xx series.

EDIT:
Bitcoin is SHA encryption (integer stuff), Nvidia doesn't have anything that I'm aware of that can come close to matching AMD's cards.

This should give you a decent idea of the scaling.

It'll be a bit more than this like Bob said, but you're looking at <5%.

Back