• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would assume it to be a little more expensive, and i would pay that. It may cannibalize their titan, but consumers will want it. If they don't come out with one by the time i've amassed my money, i guess dual GTX 780's couldn't be that bad?

Dual GK110?

I dunno if that'll happen, I feel like it'll just cannibalize their own sales of the Titan (unless it is significant more powerful and more expensive than the Titan).

my god, the thought of that...

dual-titan... that power... but at what cost man, at what cost... lol.

Well i'm either getting a 7990, or a 790 given if the latter ever comes out... How long after the release of the 680 did the 690 come out? i wasn't in the loop of computers back then.

Well i'm either getting a 7990, or a 790 given if the latter ever comes out... How long after the release of the 680 did the 690 come out? i wasn't in the loop of computers back then.

March 22nd 2012 (680) May 3rd 2012 (690)

IIRC the 580 and 590 were further apart.

-- edit they were - November 9th 2010 and March 24th 2011.

Last edited:
my god, the thought of that...

dual-titan... that power... but at what cost man, at what cost... lol.

If I had to guess..it'd be in the $1400-1500 range, dual cut down GK110s (basically dual 780s). 8GB of vRAM and probably a triple slot card to manage the thermals.

Complete speculation though. :D

I pretty seriously doubt we'll see a 790, personally.

I wager we will !!! but much later. :) (like Q42013 soonest)
It be odd if NVDA leave that slot in the series vacant.

Any physical reason you doubt so Bob? you might know something we don't. :)

I don't think they will make a 790 as well. The Titan took the price range for a future 790 unless they slash the prices. That's prolly after I spend 800+ on a Hydro Copper. I can only imagine. :bang head

And maybe because the next series is going to be so immaculate that it will make up for it. MAYBE lol

Last edited:
I don't think they will make a 790 as well. The Titan took the price range for a future 790 unless they slash the prices. That's prolly after I spend 800+ on a Hydro Copper. I can only imagine. :bang head

And maybe because the next series is going to so immaculate that it will make up for it. MAYBE lol

I agree with you on that, only way they would release one would be for probably $1500 or something crazy like that.

nvidia has been pushing the price ceiling higher and higher.

doubt that will be a limiting factor.

question is when only. I believe.

I take it back actually, I think they will make a GTX790. It'll have to GK104 cores (ala GTX770), think factory over-volted/coverclocked GTX690.

I don't see it happening for the GK110, because to get the same markup they get in Titan/780 they would have to sell it for something like $1600, and would have to severely underclock it to get it under the 300w cap to call it a PCIe GPU.

I take it back actually, I think they will make a GTX790. It'll have to GK104 cores (ala GTX770), think factory over-volted/coverclocked GTX690.

I don't see it happening for the GK110, because to get the same markup they get in Titan/780 they would have to sell it for something like $1600, and would have to severely underclock it to get it under the 300w cap to call it a PCIe GPU.

... possible.
given 770 and 670 are basically same GK104

only 780 is an odd one as GK110.

If this is the case though, I be much less excited about it.
but I can totally see this as a possible outcome.

770 and 680 are the same GK104 essentially. 670 has less cuda cores than 770. ;)

Wasn't it AMD that has a $1500 gpu, and wasn't it AMD who's 7970 originally came out at $550 (just speaking in terms of current gen)?

Not really, it's Asus that has a 1500 buck 7990, AMDs are much more reasonably priced :D

Back