• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE 3 Step Guide to Overclock Your i7 / i5 Haswell Platform

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
heh heh nice, that is exactly what Im running except I have uncore at 4800. Same mem speed and timings. Still working on stability though. Can run some benches (cinebench, PI) but not all.

At 4.9 I have to drop uncore and mem speed speed low that it is not worth it. It sucks up all the headroom for IO.
I had no success running Cinebench @4.9 with my AIO cooler. :shrug: Freezing/BSOD even at DDR3-1600 speed. Perhaps I've reached the thermal limits of my cooling?

I tested at 48x and was able to complete this:

Last edited:
Yup, a 4770K. Didn't try disabling HT...I'll just wait until Thursday when the NH-D14 comes. :p. Gonna see what I can pump out of these Ballistics now.

i love the overclocking guide, gonne try to up my i5 4670k in clock later today!
Yesterday before reading this guide i got my i5 at 4389.89 mhz

CPU: I5 4670k (c0) batch: ?
Core voltage: 1.236 (still have to finetune)
Temp: 70-75 celcius on Noctua NH-D14 while prime95 blend test
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-OC

Anyone has an idea on how far i could take this cpu?
So far so good having 8 hours runtime on prime95
About to test other stresstests also :D

So what's the initial feedback from you guys on Haswell after you've had some time to play? Seems like lots of issues here and there. High OC CPU/MEM proving to be pretty difficult to obtained?

Back