• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Z87 Deluxe Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Recently, we published a review on the ASUS Z87-A, which is a price conscious offering in ASUS' mainstream line of Z87 motherboards. Today, we're going to take a trip much higher up the ladder and have a look at the ASUS Z87 Deluxe. The Z87 Deluxe is positioned near the top of their mainstream motherboard line, and along with that comes a higher price point. Is the added cost worth it? Let's take the ASUS Z87 Deluxe for a spin and find out!

... Return to article to continue reading.

Did you give max bclk a shot? The Deluxe and Extreme boards are the only ASUS boards to feature the advanced design for high level BCLK. Should be able to do 200 if the CPU can do it.

The 125 and 167 BCLK straps work fine, but even using those the CPU still topped out at the same. The 200 BCLK was a no go.....

You have to keep other settings on auto so the board uses what has been optimized for 200. Fully default the board and then set the AiTuner to manual and define 200 BCLK. Leave all else on auto. Disregard if that is what you tried, not every CPU will do it. :)

Yea, been there done all that. The 4770K I ended up with isn't the best of CPUs no doubt.....LOL.

The issue is the heat, but even now as we chat people are starting to De-Lid the Haswell CPU'S to good effect. Thanks for the nice review. AJ. ;) :thup:

Yep i have read about it being like that, hmmm maybe they are trying hard to give a False result or impression some how!!

Last edited:
My configuration is almost the same (except RAM, mine is DDR3@1600). What do i need to change into the BIOS to oveclock my 4770K @4.6GHz. Thnaks.

the multi to 46 and add some voltage. I would go up on the multi slowly and test with a stress test to see if it is stable at each point. if it boots to windows at a given multi/voltage combe- then test if it fails the test- add more voltage. work your way up to 46x multi or wherever you decide to stop.
I would also use coretemp or realtemp and monitor temps while doing the stress tests to make sure you are safe there as well

Back