• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Confirms Kaveri Will Show Up Only in 2014

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Our colleagues at VR-Zone have managed to obtain a statement from AMD regarding the availability of upcoming APU codenamed Kaveri. According to the comment from AMD, Kaveri will not be available to the public in late 2013 as originally expected. Even though spokespersons from AMD had said earlier, roadmaps at hand, that Kaveri was coming in the second half of 2013, the new part is now expected to show up in retail in early Q1 2014.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still looking forward to their new offerings! I hope the delays were worth it! AMD's not out of the game yet.

From the blurb on the front page:
"Kaveri APU will not be available in late 2013 as originally expected, but will instead only be shipping in late 2013"

Bit of an error there.

From the blurb on the front page:
"Kaveri APU will not be available in late 2013 as originally expected, but will instead only be shipping in late 2013"

Bit of an error there.

It will not be available for purchase in late 2013, it will only ship from AMD to channel distributors, etc... will be available for purchase only in 2014.

I admit I could've said it better. It's confusing. :p

It will not be available for purchase in late 2013, it will only ship from AMD to channel distributors, etc... will be available for purchase only in 2014.

I admit I could've said it better. It's confusing. :p

I knew what you meant, but reading it again, I could see how it's confusing. Removed that little part since it goes on to explain later when it will be available in retail.

Thanks for the edits! :)

Awesome, AMD rocks...My budy plays BF3 and Skyrim medium settings with A10 6800k GPU only....WTF? :D

Rumors want Kaveri could feature up to 10 compute units of GCN architecture for up to 640 shader cores total. 8 CU and 512 shaders is more plausible but who knows?! :)

Current Trinity/Richland has up to 384 shaders. Radeon HD7750 has 512. ;)

Back