• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ADATA 16GB XPG DDR3-2600 CL11 Memory Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

We recently published the ADATA XPG DDR3-2800 memory review which consisted of a kit based on single-sided Hynix MFR IC. Overall performance was lower than expected, even though overclocking was solid and memory clock was high. Today, we take a look at another Hynix MFR IC based kit, the ADATA XPG DDR3-2600, but it’s double sided and gives us 16 GB total. What does ADATA have to offer with a 16 GB DDR3-2600 memory kit? We’ll find out the difference between single and double-sided modules and how it affects performance in this review.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Rather disappointing they couldn't clock much higher than 2933. I have a 4x8GB Ripjaws X 2400C11 kit that could run Super Pi 32M at DDR3-3000 12-15-14-35-2T on the Gigabyte Z87X OC Force, which seems to be the only board I've tested that is good at clocking 4 DIMMs.

I've tested a similar kit on an Ivy bridge rig and I couldn't do better than 2700mhz with stock timings, performance wise. As for clocks, the imc would top out at 2800mhz so, can't comment on that.

Maybe for someone who needs 16gb it isn't such a bad deal, considering the price and specs.

Nice review :salute:

I was expecting more comments especially that many forum members were curious how double sided MFR are running comparing to single sided.

I was counting on higher OC but I don't think that anyone will buy 16GB memory kit for benching and optimal performance for daily usage on Ivy Bridge or Haswell is at about 2400-2666 memory clock and tighter timings.
ADATA XPG 2600 is running fine also at 2400 10-12-12 1.65V what is better than most available 16GB 2400 kits dedicated for Haswell platform.

I think it's really interesting, and I'm fairly impressed with Haswell's imc but other than that strong point I wouldn't go for a Haswell rig right now, not even for benching. (budget limitations :()

Back