• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ZyXEL X650 Router and AC240 Adapter Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Owning a wireless device of some sort has become commonplace in today's world. Whether that be a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or any other wireless device, the need for a fast and stable wireless network has never been more important.

*Be sure to read the review for information on how you can win the ZyXEL X650 Router!

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice review Lvcoyote! Looks like a pretty robust setup, pairing the adapter w/ the router... makes me want to get away from renting wireless from my ISP!

is this or any ZyXEL router supported by ddwrt or openwrt?

I didn't see the router listed in the ddwrt or openwrt databases, so I'd have to say the X650 is probably not supported at this time. openwrt did list a couple of ZyXEL routers, but not this one.

thinking of trying AC wireless, only problem is im scared of it, wireless N never worked correctly for me. ever.

looks good my new laptop i bought has been using wireless N flawlessly in the hospital i may have to look into this router for when i get shipped home in the next couple weeks. !!

Where are the tests of the actual speed of the router? Any router can deliver 34mBits/s wirelessly. I would love to see results when transferring files over the air. Or anything that comes close to the 650mbits/s claimed. The speedtest you did show's it can transfer roughly 34mbits/s over the air, which doesn't really tell us if this router is worth buying for what it's intended for, transfer of data wirelessly up to 20 times times that load.

Last edited:
Time is running out to sign up for the giveaway, we'll announce the winner Monday morning September 16th! All you have to do is post in this thread to be entered, doesn't get much easier than that!

Looks good. I've been needing a new router myself. Maybe if I win or get one in the future I can finally get a local fileserver running.

At the time of the drawing there were 13 posts in this thread, and Random.org spit out the winning post number for us!

zyxel_contest.png

That means {PGA}AfterShock is the winner of the ZyXel X650 router, congratulations!!! I'll send you a PM to arrange shipping.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Back