• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE VisionTek Data Fusion 480GB PCI-E SSD Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

There is no arguing that SSDs have taken PCs to a new performance level over the past few years. Even better, pricing has dropped significantly since the technology was introduced making it a viable option for new system builds or upgrading an existing one. VisionTek offers many SSD options in their Racer and GoDrive series, but what if you want even more performance than the average SSD offers? Enter the VisionTek Data Fusion 2-Way PCI-E SSD. With dual SandForce SF2281 controllers operating in a RAID0 configuration
... Return to article to continue reading.

interesting unit

It is an impressive benchmark and easy install unit.
Catch is, 2X 240GB say Samsung 840 EVO or Crucial M500, at about 2x $170 = $340 just seems better than $540.
Though I am not certain these allow TRIM in RAID0.
Yes, PCIE is not 2.5 form factor.

Thank you for the nice laid out review guys,and thank you Overclockers for the nice email, yes i've been out of forums lately but i'm still checking out the reviews almost daily,:salute: you LVCOYOTE
wish we could overclock ssds
peace

Pci-e ssd's are the bees knees if you're running older hardware that has sata2. I had a revo drive (r.i.p.) that smacked the heck out anything else I had plugged in.

Back