• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To me, it looks like that article is about a unified System RAM and GPU RAM pool, and copying from system memory to the GPU memory pool. I don't think that has anything to do with SLI, just a new "quality of life" change for CUDA devs.

It was taken out of context, sure, but read the whole article to see the surrounding context. I wouldn't cherry pick to prove a point, just to get to the point... but as I said, not sure what it all really means without reading more about it.

EDIT: I dont see much about SLI except when it says performance and the memory?

EDIT2: My bad, doesn't even say that... not sure then at all to be honest... But this is an overview of the UVM that was mentioned and it doesn't say anything about SLI as I can more clearly see now (thanks MattNo!).

I don't think that applies to mining...not that I know of, the cudaminer developer didn't bring that up yet.

Well memory copies are happening, and the older version of CM probably does this manually. What it sounds like from the descriptions and the bits of the article that I read through is that they have added a new layer of abstraction to the CUDA memory stack. One that can automate memory management like so many other high level programming languages carry as standard in the tool box anymore, and probably should have been implemented a long time ago to CUDA.

I think I found my next card!!!

Was looking around, some of these non reference cards are going 30+% overclocks on them. Thats incredible!

Last edited:
The power to performance ratio on the maxwell platform is incredible, it's exactly what I've been hoping for. The roadmaps from late last year state that the 800 series cards should be rolling out in February (now) any word on if that's still true?

The GTX 860 if it follows the 760 (sub $300, 256bit memory, 150 watt thermal) looks to be quite the monster. Hopefully the cryto currency miners don't make the nvidia market crazy like they have the radeon.

Last I heard was VERY late 1H 14 or early 2H 14...

Nvidia isn't nearly as profitable at the moment, so until that changes, the market should remain the same for them.

It is profitable, but not close to AMD, even with those tweaks... right? At least that is what I took away from IMOG's thread on it...

Just because they're high doesn't mean that it hasn't normalized.
True. If the cards remain with little stock and their value remains high due to mining, things won't change a bit and this is the new 'normal'.

It will take gobs of stock, mining to come back down to earth, or NVIDIA cards to be a lot more profitable then they are now to bring prices down a lot closer to MSRP.

Silly principle of supply and demand!

Back