• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just for clarity...

750Ti = maxwell
770 = Kepler

Is Core15 for Maxwell? If not, then that is why I said what I posted. The 770 should mine fine being Kepler.

Someone posted a chart for mining, claims that the 750Ti is only a few Kh/s behind the 770. This kind of worries me considering the market seeing how retailers price gouge AMD cards.

Happy now Earthdog? :)

Attachments

• perflskjx.png
    perflskjx.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Our greatest hope is that the price of crypto currency crashes soon to make this insanity stop.

All it would take is governments cranking down the regulations on exchanges to make it less appealing for criminals and therefore less appealing to miners and speculators.

Our greatest hope is that the price of crypto currency crashes soon to make this insanity stop.

All it would take is governments cranking down the regulations on exchanges to make it less appealing for criminals and therefore less appealing to miners and speculators.

No.

None of the miners want this, and as a miner I am banking on BTC to help me out with fuel costs :)

I'm not talking about what miners want, I'm talking about what everyone else who isn't a miner and wants to play some PC games wants.

Yeah, I know your pain. Even though I am a miner, buying a card to mine on was ridiculous. These prices are outrageous.

On the other hand, if mining flops tomorrow I lose out big, and other miner lose huge. At the same time, the prices will come down so everyone else can actually buy a card....

It's like a win-lose-win situation... :-/

Eventually the markets will correct itself do to supply and demand the next time around. At least that's what I believe will take place. There was a surprise in demand when supply wasn't there because of mining. I just hope these companies utilize the extra features that makes "Hashes" go up. So a company can advertise, "buy my card! because it mines better than this guys", or maybe specific GPU's just for mining and some gaming. Kind of like the Titan. (Quadro/GeForce hybrid)

Is it normal for a GPU manufacturer to release its flagship tech in a mid-range tier? Has this ever been done before? Isn't the release of new GPU tech usually released as a top tier product? I had thought the GTX 770 was considered mid-range? Doesn't the GTX 770 beat out the 750 TI?

Is it normal for a GPU manufacturer to release its flagship tech in a mid-range tier? Has this ever been done before? Isn't the release of new GPU tech usually released as a top tier product? I had thought the GTX 770 was considered mid-range? Doesn't the GTX 770 beat out the 750 TI?
Yes.
Yes.
It varies.
It's a rebrand if a 680 essentially.
Easily, yes.

I gave my Zotac 750Ti a whirl, it plays every game I have no problems with a little tweaking of settings (about the same as settings I use with the 560Ti), and Shadowplay is quite impressive with it (Bandicam killed the framerates while recording).

I have the card specified in the review. I left a rather lengthy review over at Newegg.com in the comments so you can get more specifics there, but suffice to say that as an upgrade from a 5770 on a box with a 350W power supply, it's been stellar.

It's a little noisier than the 5770 was, but with two fans that's expected. I haven't even touched the overclocking potential yet, but even with the stock clock this thing screams. Skyrim and Battlefield 3 were the main tests so far. Very happy.

which to buy?

I'm about to buy one of the two cards. Both the same architecture, but I can't decide which to buy in the end. So help me please: which is better? The ASUS strix 750 ti or the EVGA 7750 ti FTW? Which to buy and why/why not? Please help me if you can!! :D Also I've seen many gameplay/benchmark vids of the EVGA card, while just 1 or 2 of the ASUS one, and this didn't help too much, but made me wanna buy the EVGA a bit more. Opinions pls! Thanks ^^

I'm about to buy one of the two cards. Both the same architecture, but I can't decide which to buy in the end. So help me please: which is better? The ASUS strix 750 ti or the EVGA 7750 ti FTW? Which to buy and why/why not? Please help me if you can!! :D Also I've seen many gameplay/benchmark vids of the EVGA card, while just 1 or 2 of the ASUS one, and this didn't help too much, but made me wanna buy the EVGA a bit more. Opinions pls! Thanks ^^

Go with EVGA. Better CS and Warranty.

Back