• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE G.Skill TridentX 16GB DDR3-2133 CL9 Memory Kit Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

G.Skill is clearly one of the most popular memory manufacturers, especially among computer enthusiasts, gamers and overclockers. The TridentX memory series is designed for the most demanding users like extreme overclockers, so there is no place for cheap parts. You can expect to receive a high end product which you paid for.At Overclockers.com we once again have a chance to check how much G.Skill has to offer as we test the TridentX 16GB DDR3-2133 CL9 memory kit.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Memory is not running hot so there is no need of any TIM under the top fin. At least I don't remember any TridentX series running at high temps. On the other hand you don't really wish to clean any TIM ( especially thermal grease ) after removing top fin. It would simply look bad ;)

Been awhile since I have OC'd. I mean were are talking days of a Pentium 133 so please bare with me.
Maybe it's just me but I can't get this ram to OC at all. Every time I try I can't post and if I do I can't load into the OS. I hope some one can help me figure this out.
I have this RAM of course with a Crosshair V Formula Z and a FX 9590BE.

Edit:
I should clarify I actually just want something better than the 1338 I am at now. No really looking to OC but if it can happen... :)

Here is what CPUZ shows
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Been awhile since I have OC'd. I mean were are talking days of a Pentium 133 so please bare with me.
Maybe it's just me but I can't get this ram to OC at all. Every time I try I can't post and if I do I can't load into the OS. I hope some one can help me figure this out.
I have this RAM of course with a Crosshair V Formula Z and a FX 9590BE.

Edit:
I should clarify I actually just want something better than the 1338 I am at now. No really looking to OC but if it can happen... :)

Here is what CPUZ shows
Untitled.png
:welcome:
You're much better off starting your own post in the memory or AMD cpu section, Draven.

Memory should work enabling memory profiles or simply setting it manually to 2000/2133 9-11-11 Command Rate 2N and voltage 1.60V.All other options should work at auto.
If you can enable XMP profiles then check both of them.
You may also need to raise CPU-NB voltage by +0.1V to keep it stable above 1866.

TridentX 2133 C9 will probably work without issues at 1866 8-9-9 1.60V on AMD platform and performance is nearly the same.

Back