• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Rackmount Overkill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seems I didn't post the final pictures of that setup.

All four monitors arrived along with a mystery box.
DSC_0562.JPG

Back of one of the monitors while installed on the stand. The power unit clips into the back of the monitor to reduce clutter down to what a "normal" monitor would have.
DSC_0572.JPG

This was with all the monitors attached, and none of the cables. One of the power supplies isn't even installed (probably the top one).
DSC_0576.JPG

The mystery box was a GTX 770 Classified, which is driving the bottom three monitors. The top monitor is being driven by the on board video.
DSC_0579.JPG

All the monitors powered up and connected. Cable clutter is near zero and completely hidden behind (and mounted to) the monitor stand.
DSC_0594.JPG

Testing out surround gaming, because why not. Roommate wanted to see how Skyrim looked on it.
DSC_0584.JPG

Those are some droolworthy monitors, looking very nice! Its a shame how quickly the size of the bezels add up though :(

A nice 92" screen and dlp projector... No bezel, only 1080p and very submersive... Blooded shins from wondering round with a blinding light and blacked out room would be the downside. Oh and that God awful rainbow effect that you only notice ironically on films and not games.

Still... Give me the strider remake and an xbox controller im happy bunny :)

A nice 92" screen and dlp projector... No bezel, only 1080p and very submersive... Blooded shins from wondering round with a blinding light and blacked out room would be the downside. Oh and that God awful rainbow effect that you only notice ironically on films and not games.

Still... Give me the strider remake and an xbox controller im happy bunny :)

That would be so grainy.... Which means very non-submersive.

That would be so grainy.... Which means very non-submersive.

Grainy?

I tend to sit the opposite end of the room... Cant see pixels unless I walk half way across the room.

Im happy with my 1k worth of dlp.

Sofa... Not hunched over a desk 8inches from the screen :D

Edit: 50"led and 92" dlp

No granularities here...
DSC_0025.JPG

Last edited:
Grainy?

I tend to sit the opposite end of the room... Cant see pixels unless I walk half way across the room.

Im happy with my 1k worth of dlp.

Sofa... Not hunched over a desk 8inches from the screen :D

Not very good for gaming (especially sim racing) to be across the room.
I'm about 28" from my center monitor when I'm using the wheel.

Pixel density is key for that.

Triple monitor gaming?
I like seeing out of the sides of the cars :)

Guess I could buy two more :rofl:

I do have another but its only 800x600 for point of sale display... Little brighter than the 1080p dlp

I cant even move the projector back far enough to lose the boarder.. Well not without asking if I can knock a hole through next door because the walls too close. Lol

Edit. At least I can make shadow puppets... Ha :rofl:

THAT would be a sight to see!

I have a spare 92" screen. So im only two dlp projectors one screen and air conditioning unit and a bigger house to collect. :thup:

Since the 90s I wanted four... Most we ever "borrowed" from universities was two. They were like 10k each back then.

If I get my vjing venue into reality I may just buy a couple more.waiting for my buis partner to loose her psycho & soon to be locked up for six years husband.

He be a bad boy :rain:

But if I get a couple more I will set them up and get a friend with decent gpus to come and show it off. Deal :thup:

Edit: set it up in the shop... My house aint big enough. Hmmm I bet folk would pay to play on a setup like that... Its a thought. Cafe nerd :rofl:

L5630's. I have them installed, just waiting for the first server to start up.

Two processors per server. They are in Poweredge R710 servers.

Back