• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE 3 Step Guide to Overclock Your i7 / i5 Haswell Platform

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So no need to refit with new TIM? These variations are ok?
Just running AIDA64 again and set the RAM back to 2400 and im gettig lower temps again
Sorry fro taking up so much of your valuable and appreciated advice but im not sure if the sore temps should be uniform.

I know im probably a pain right now but ill jump back on tomorrow to ask a few questions about whether to set voltage to adaptive once im happy with a stable overclock
Id really like to get 46 and id be over the moon with 47.
You guys have been so much help, and i really do appreciate it

ThankYou ThankYou ThakYou

If you are going raise your multiplier above 45 you may need to raise the uncore or ring frequency. I would also look at your CPU ring voltage; it may need to be raised. Also the system agent; I/O Analog; I/O Digital voltages may need to go up. I would recommend against using adaptive voltages on the CPU. Adaptive tends to over-volt the CPU.

I7 4790K stable overclock to 4,9GHz!

I have bought 2 of this processors i7 4790K, and tryed to overclock em boith using this tread, and succesfuly done it at stable 4,9 GHz at 1,280V
i have some screenshots of stable overclock on hero vii board with Kingston DDR3 2400 Hyper X Beast, guys didnt go further, maybe it could but not sure if i wanna try what u think, any suggestions on what to try next im quite new with overclocking btw, and:attn:...first time here so I wanna say HELLO to all and best regards from Croatia :D

Attachments

• Haswell I7 4790K Stability test 7.8 2014.jpg
    Haswell I7 4790K Stability test 7.8 2014.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 292
  • Haswell I7 4790K (4.8) Stability test 7.8 2014.jpg
    Haswell I7 4790K (4.8) Stability test 7.8 2014.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 294
Hey guys, huge problem, I followed step 1 and used the advice to judge whether my chip was a high end or low end, and when I configured the settings and restarted comp, I get the post beep and everything still seems to be working, yet there's a blank display. Help?

Asus x99 deluxe
i7 5930k 3.5 ghz
gtx 980 evga sc

This is guide for haswell ( 1150 ) not haswell-e ( 2011-3 ). Your CPU is overclocking in slightly different way.
Let's say that above average chip will make something like 4.5GHz 1.25V. For that clock all you need is auto settings and higher cpu voltage. If something isn't working then raise voltage. When you make it boot then check stability.
Start to play with higher bclk and memory clock when you stabilize CPU.

OC i5 4670k

Stable setup :

4.3 ghz
1.260v

Motherboard : Asus Z87-PRO
Cooling : Noctua NH-D14

Max temp on stress test : 70c

Back