• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zipzoomfly sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

Yeah, they screwed over my mom. She was looking at paying $150 elsewhere for Office 2007 which she needs for school. I looked around and they had it for $100, and seemed fairly reputable, so I suggested she get it there instead. She placed the order Tuesday the 29th, and her card was charged right away. Lo and behold, Wednesday the 7th, she gets an out of stock email. They still have her money. Whether or not she gets it back, that's just really shoddy practice to charge someone's card when you don't even have the item.

Looking at their recent RR, I'd say they're in a major downhill mode. http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ZipZoomFly

By the way, here's the item page: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10006546

In stock my ***..

I havent had any issues with them personally. Maybe Im lucky.

Is this the first time this happened with them to you?

I havent had any issues with them personally. Maybe Im lucky.

Is this the first time this happened with them to you?

I've never ordered from them, and after this, I won't even consider it. They're acting like a Brooklyn camera shop.

You should definitely call them up or something and explain what's goin on.

I ordered a X25-M from them a couple of days ago, I hope everything goes smoothly...

I think a lot of companies actually do that type of thing where they charge first without shipping out the item. But that does suck, they should refund her if she asks for it. Hope everything works out.

No doubt in my mind she'll get the software or the money, not worried about that. Reputable companies don't "charge first and check stock later" though.

No doubt in my mind she'll get the software or the money, not worried about that. Reputable companies don't "charge first and check stock later" though.
Not everyone has real-time inventory tracking, and even if they do, errors occur. However, if something has been out of stock for a week, they really should update the website.

It looks like ZZF's customer service has taken a dip lately. Their six month rating on resellerratings is currently 3 points below their liftime rating.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ZipZoomFly

Ratbuddy

Thanks for bring ZZF to our attention. I'm sure I'm not the only member here who appreciates it.

I look at the resellerraiting info for them. Terrible and many people seem to be having the same issues you and your mom are having.

There off my list of e-tailers.

Hope everything works out.

Not everyone has real-time inventory tracking, and even if they do, errors occur. However, if something has been out of stock for a week, they really should update the website.

It looks like ZZF's customer service has taken a dip lately. Their six month rating on resellerratings is currently 3 points below their liftime rating.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ZipZoomFly

That is worse than I thought it would be. Shame really, ZZF has always been a top notch seller and a good alternative to newegg at times.

Seems like a lot of the bad reviews are idiots blaming ZZF for their problems with rebates.

EDIT
A lot of them are also reasonable people who placed an order, were charged, then told later on that the item was out of stock.
True, but the rebate complaints are no fault of ZZF, and are inflating the percentage of poor ratings. Nothing wrong with valid complaints like pre-charging, but even RR has some reviews that of similar quality to many reviews on NewEgg product pages.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of the bad reviews are idiots blaming ZZF for their problems with rebates.

A lot of them are also reasonable people who placed an order, were charged, then told later on that the item was out of stock.

I think those rebate complaints are reasonable. But the golden rule is never expect MIR to pay out.

Well, yes, it is reasonable to complain about the rebate or about the company that is supposed to be supplying the rebate, but not really reasonable to blame the vendor for something that they have no control over.

I've ordered from ZZF several times with no issues. Much prefer them over Newegg since there's no tax charge in TN.

I've ordered from ZZF several times with no issues. Much prefer them over Newegg since there's no tax charge in TN.

Might want to hold your tongue on that.

While it's true you don't get charged at the time of purchase, that's because you're technically not a California resident.

You still owe sales tax on that item to your state.

While I'm sure it's hardly enforced or regulated, OC Forums would probably not want to be a face representative for advocating law breaking.

Back