• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Greatest games of all time? What are yours?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BF1942
OFP
CIV3
RoN

in no particular order - im not particulary even playing 3 of these games now, but the games I am dont really compare with the coolness I felt whilst I was

The game of moria.
Galaxians
Jet Set Willy
The Settlers aka Serf City.
Frontier-Elite II

Well I'd vote for something you'd heard of, but I figure if I am still playing these 10 years or so after they were released then they hafta be good :D

Road Warrior

Gnerma said:
Please guys type out your answers... please.

i concur, not everyone knows about CS, SC, UT, BF, etc. so please type it out fully.

this is the short list:

Half-Life - and all mods excluding Counter Strike
Super Mario Bros.
Zelda - Orcania(sp?) of time

DW3w/DW3EL
TFC
UT2K3
C2MGE
R6RS
GRw/IT&DS
BF1942w/RtR (and soon SWoWWII)
EQw/TSoVTRoKTSolTPoP (j/k)

Anyone care to translate? :p
(Actually, I have below)

Dynasty Warriors 3 w/ Extreme Legends (PS2)
Team Fortress Classic
Unreal Tournament 2003
Civilization 2 Multi-player Gold Edition
Rainbow Six Raven Shield
Ghost Recon with Island Thunder and Desert Seige
Battlefield 1942 with Road To Rome and soon Secret Weapons of World War II

Freespace 2 this game rocks, still playing it now

Unreal Tournament (2003 is not as good, just looks better graphically)

Commandos 1 (2 is toooo hard!)

Roller coaster Tycoon 1 (ditto answer 2)

Clive Barker's Undying (made the hair on my neck stand on end)

A.S

hmmm toughie...
well i'll give it a shot:
1)Diablo 2
also 1) Midtown Madness (go ahead and laugh, but this game is solely responsible for my being interested in PC games... oh and it kicks ***, too.
3) Warcraft 3
also 3)Rallisport Challenge (yeah, Blizzard and Microsoft sort of own me :D)
5) Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory (only 3d game that's free without being crap. Ever.)
Boy I could go on, but I'll stop there. Just for fun. And if you're wondering why I have WC on there but not SC, it's because I played starcraft like twice then stopped. Not becuase it's a bed game, I just wasn't... ready for it?... I guess. That and I sucked back then. That's no fun.

illwillchill said:
i concur, not everyone knows about CS, SC

Thats impossible. I doubt theres one person who visited the gaming forum who doesnt know what these abbreviations stand for. Theyre classic games - at least 4yrs old each.

metra said:

Thats impossible. I doubt theres one person who visited the gaming forum who doesnt know what these abbreviations stand for. Theyre classic games - at least 4yrs old each.

Still there's no harm in making sure everyone knows what is being said.. Would you know FS2 if I hadn't spelt it out (truth!)

A.S

Back