• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD phenom II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Every tried doing an FSB bump rather then straight multi? What are your RAM settings?

Yeah, I think I will try that way next and see how it goes. I'm running some G. Skill Pi memory in it presently but I also have a kit of OCZ DDR2 1066 I can swap out to test with fsb overclocking on it. I'm presently running the Pi kit at it's rated settings to minimize incidental problems overclocking the proc.

Well sometimes it helps to lossen the timings a notch something like 5-7-7-27-32 helps some times with people.

Well sometimes it helps to lossen the timings a notch something like 5-7-7-27-32 helps some times with people.

thats really loose I never make it past 5's or 6's

CDawall hope all go well with the new rig.

If you are using 1066 you can do it, but this only works for BE CPUs, would not try it if you are increasing the FSB.

I try to use 4's unless above 1000 then I have to stick with 5's but that's on 2x1gb sticks not 2x2gb sticks.

I really want to try out the AM3 land I have the cpu and ram for it just need a board. Waiting to see what comes along there is a few things I'm not liking about the gigabyte board even tho it was the one I was waiting on.

I have a lame gigabye board which is why I'm s**ling my 9850. I could not set the BN voltage nor decrease the NB multi. You can set then in the BIOS but it did not work. AOD did not recognize the CPU either.

in this case I may end up with the latest asus ddr3 am3 board not for sure yet. I really wanted the FX UD giga board.

thread bump due to the last time this was used was almost a yr ago.

Also might revive my 1st post a little.

Only posted in this thread to say... nice work on the thuban CHIV results so far guys. No posting in the results thread ;)

Last edited:
Back