• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PQI Turbo Series (2-2-2-5) any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ducatifly999 said:
Hello,

I just joined so hello to everyone. I hope I am asking in the right place. I see all these messages on PQI chips and I am wanting to upgrade. I currently have the asus p4p-800 deluxe and 512 3200 "tccc" samsung rams. I am wanting to upgrade them and am thinking, would it be better to just buy two more 512 ram chips of the same samsung I have for a total of 1.5gb or buy these PQI's that everyone is raving about? And if I do get the samsung memory, can I mix and match it? I mean can I get the tccd and tccc chips and mix them? Will it cost me some performance? I hope I am not bieng to vague or ambiguous here.

I have about 200 to spare plus my current samsung chip which is about 60 I think. What do you all think I should do?

Thanks for all the help,

Ducman

Welcome to the forums!!!!

You do NOT want to try and mix tccc and tccd ram. They are not the same and will not reach the same latancies or speeds. Essentially the TCCC ram would hold back any TCCD ram you try to match it with. Some people are reporting that TCCD is about to be discontinued. Don't know how true it is but you may want to get some soon if that's the case. I have two gigs of the PQI ram of this thread and I couldn't be happier with it. There are new pcbs for TCCD ram now ie, brainpower and some other kind. They are a new revision and are supposed to get even higher fsb..... either way the reports I've read on TCCD ram is you really can't go wrong with it. You may not be able to get as high fsb with really low latancies, however you won't need much voltage to really get the fsb up with relaxed latancies.

I don't know if I just got some bad ones or what, but I just RMAd mine back to newegg. I got 236 as max no matter what I did with timing or voltage.

Back