• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

broken z5500 control unit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firey_chasm

Hi,
I have owned this speaker set for a while now and the control unit has just broken. I am haveing trouble geting a replacement.

So firstly, does anyone know anywhere that I can buy a new control unit in the UK?

If not is there anyway I can use the system without the control unit? (inc the sub)

and then final ditch, if the above 2 are impossible anyone got any good sites that they recomend to buy a new sub + amp? (then I can use the 5 speakers) (again UK delivery) (reasonably cheap)

Many thanks in advance

OUCH!
I am hoping that you can buy just the control unit. This has got to hurt. Do you know how or why it broke?

I am also hoping they will make and sell a new updated control unit for these that will decode the new HD/BD DD and DTS.

I wish you luck

I have, origonally they wanted to check if it was the fuse. that guy then also said they could replace the control unit.

so I got sent a fuse, since it wasn't that I rang up again and the guy I then spoke to said I needed to go to the manufactorer, but I am 90% sure they wont provide a replacement. and the guy from logitech said they don't offer new control units :/

its anoying because I now have a £200speaker set that is basically useless and nowhere seems to sell spare parts :(

it broke due to some loose conection inside the control unit, it has been trouble for a coupe of months now before completely dieing

P.S. yes it is Logitech

I have, origonally they wanted to check if it was the fuse. that guy then also said they could replace the control unit.

so I got sent a fuse, since it wasn't that I rang up again and the guy I then spoke to said I needed to go to the manufactorer, but I am 90% sure they wont provide a replacement. and the guy from logitech said they don't offer new control units :/

its anoying because I now have a £200speaker set that is basically useless and nowhere seems to sell spare parts :(

it broke due to some loose conection inside the control unit, it has been trouble for a coupe of months now before completely dieing

P.S. yes it is Logitech

Logitech has excellent customer service. I've had to deal with them a couple of times in the past. If your control unit is broken, I'm sure they will replace it. They might require you to send the broken one to them first (or do a cross ship or return ship), but they should definitely fix it for you. One of my z-5300 surround speakers started rattling, after talking to CS for a couple of minutes, they said they would send me a replacement. TWO days later, I received a brand new complete set. (Of course I fashioned a cable and connected the two subs together. :)) I didn't have to send anything back. Same thing happened with my old MX1000, it stopped working and I called in, they sent a new one right away and I never had to send the broken one back in.

But I have heard of them asking you to send back the power cord for the sub or the control module. But since that is what you are looking to get, you should be good. Good luck! :thup:

cheers Jiv

I admit in the past they have been great sending out new fuses when needed.

And origonally the 1st guy i talked to implied they could replace it but just wanted to make sure i wasnt the fuse 1st. but then today I rang up to say it wasnt the fuse and the guy I talked to said he coudl do nothing id have to sort it with the supplier. He said I couldnt even buy a new control unit from them :/

so guess ill ring up again tommorrow and see what they have to say. thanks guys

btw in case, does anyone know how I would go about rewiring inside the sub to disconect the amp, so I could then plug the sub+speakers into a new amp and if I will need a specific amp?

because that would then save me having to buy a new sub :/

If you're speakers are indeed still under warranty, I see no reason why they can't send you a new control module. If they lack the ability to send you just that part, they should send you an entire new set.

Back