• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with PIII 600MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheRealBigSwede

I have a PIII 600MHz on a BE6-II/BF6 v1.1 motherboard, with ATI Rage128 (32mb) I have tryed to overclock my cpu and the most I have got it upto is 652MHz.
Please give me some hints. And the secound thing is where do I get the program
SiSoft Sandra?
Thanks
The RealBigSwede

better get wcpuid or cpu-z to.

If your cpu is a Katmai based one, 650mhz is ok.

Other usefull info is the default front speed bus,
Motherboard chipset, etc.

first off: no wares discussion here....
second: get cpu-z and tell us what stepping your cpu is...if it starts with k then you wont get much higher than 652 if its a cA2 or cB0 you have MUCH left to do :) also is it a 100 or 133fsb chip?

My first suggestion is to not use the funky font colors for you whole post, it is very hard to read. My second suggestion is giving us more info so that we can help you more. We need the #'s off of the cpu to better help you.

What was said is correct: If your cpu is a Katmai, you have all you are going to get; if the cpu is a Coppermine, you have plenty of headroom. The BIOS of your motherboard should have a hardware monitor section. Go and look at the CPU core voltage. If the core voltage is 2.00 or 2.05 V, you have a Katmai and you are basically done with your overclock.

If the core voltage is around 1.65 V, you have a Coppermine and plenty of options for what to do next.

Dave

If you had a 600E Coppermine things would get exciting. I just picked up a used 600E SECC2 last weekend here in Japan. Wasn't too cheap at $50 U.S. but it is a retail boxed SL44Y, Malay! This is the legendary stepping at the top of the charts in the database on this site. I was surprised to find it still had the stock heatsink on it and stock thermal compound! So the heatsink was never removed. Or maybe the guy was running it at 166 fsb with the stock sink (oh oh). Will be checking out this baby soon.

I have another 600E flip chip. Was a replacement from Intel for a 300 mhz P2 that died. I've taken it up to 160 fsb on a BE6-II, but 3D fails I think due to the AGP bus out of whack. Will pass 3D at 155 fsb though.

Back