• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arn't celerons 128k? (see newegg's contradiction...)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, the Tualatins are the oddballs. 1.0A, 1.1A, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4GHz Celerons should have 256k cache. That is correct, and they can be quite good overclockers too. I have a 1.0A running 1.53GHz at 1.675V.

It says it right there in thier add, the Tualatin Celerons are based on the PIII core and have 256k of cache. They are also excellent OC'ers, my 1.1 gig Celeron Tualatin cpu is running at 133fsb for 1.46 mhz. The Tualatin was one way to get more life out of an aging socket 370/sdram based setup, and I must admit that it was a pretty effective solution.

the only problem is finding a mobo to run them with out a power leap at a good price I just picked up 2 for the 2 I had sitting around but I spent a long time looking to find a mobo under $50
MSI PIII/Celeron/Tualatin 370 ATX Motherboard w/Snd New $34.90 at http://66.216.68.88/ (they also have a power leap type of thing for $15 if you already have a 370 board)

It is pretty much as you have said; however, the Covington core Celerons had 0 level 2 cache. They were SOOO popular.

Dave

Back