• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fashion_m

Hi, I have Asus P5K/EPU mobo, and I want to know the NB' temp. Is this the "Mainboard temperature" reading in the BIOS?
Asus PC Probe II, Everest, SpeedFan and HWMonitor have readings "Mainboard", "System" and "SYSTIN" respectively, which have same values as BIOS - about 43-44 degrees. Is this the northbridge?

Hi, I have Asus P5K/EPU mobo, and I want to know the NB' temp. Is this the "Mainboard temperature" reading in the BIOS?
Asus PC Probe II, Everest, SpeedFan and HWMonitor have readings "Mainboard", "System" and "SYSTIN" respectively, which have same values as BIOS - about 43-44 degrees. Is this the northbridge?

I would also like to know this. And also what temp you should keep this under.

I would also like to know this. And also what temp you should keep this under.
If this is the NB temp, I want to make it lower, since the summer here is very hot and the "Mainboard temperature" hits 48 degrees. If this is NB, it is too hot for me and I will repaste it.

According to Asus it is in the upper right corner around the DIMM slots, and seems your temps are normal.
That's not good, because I need to know the NB temp. I accidentally hit its heatsink and I think it moved a bit and this may have compromised the thermal compound underneath.

According to Asus it is in the upper right corner around the DIMM slots, and seems your temps are normal.

But when overclocking the RAM, NB seems to get higher temps while being stressed. What temps should I keep these under? Should I treat them the same as CPU. Under 72C?

Please recommend me a good thermal interface cleaning substance. I know about Arcticlean and Akasa Tim-Clean, but I cannot find them. Any other suggestions?

http://www.svc.com/acclean-60ml.html
free shipping.......or you can always just use alcohol and a bunch of q-tips and something hard plastic i find everytime i remove a NB the TIM is usually rock hard and the SB is a sticker like thing.
i use the tip of my AC MX-2 to remove the old hard TIM.....no curing time on the mx2 and its a generous size is good for a bunch of applications used it on my cpu,
NB,SB,video card.... good all around

I like PC wizard to check my temps(same ppl who make cpu-z) that's just me though

Back