• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F.E.A.R 3 (Aka) F.3.A.R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

Who's excited about this.. from the trailers/gameplay I've seen looks like they may still be using DX9, but I just got the pack from steam with the first and expacs, and project origin.. never got around to playing these back when, but they have put goose bumps on my arms playing through the series so far.. fantastic story and gameplay IMHO even if they are not the prettiest things to look at compared to newer titles.

I am probably going to wait until the christmas sales to pick it up. I need a new video card/total upgrade before I can really start dumping money into games again.

I liked the first 2 but I'm not sure I'm willing to associate myself with anything that uses numbers to represent letters in the title. It's a matter of principle.

Well Steam popped an add for F3AR yesturday, the graphics look a bit dated but hopefully the gameplay makes up for it. Has anyone tried it yet? I loved the first game. The reviews seem to be very mixed.

I am big FEAR fan. I bought the FEAR pack on Steam over the weekend with all the FEAR games (for $9.99 :santa:) and playing through them again before I start playing FEAR 3. Can't wait :rock:

Lol, I never got around to playing them back when, got the demo before the first one came out but never ended up getting it for whatever reason.. got the fear pack myself this last weekend and played through the first, just about to wrap up extraction point now.. and this game has given me goosebumps like I haven't had since the original quake.. I'm hoping the 3rd is well too, I can deal with consolish graphics if the gameplay and experience is anything like the original(s)

Lol, I never got around to playing them back when, got the demo before the first one came out but never ended up getting it for whatever reason.. got the fear pack myself this last weekend and played through the first, just about to wrap up extraction point now.. and this game has given me goosebumps like I haven't had since the original quake.. I'm hoping the 3rd is well too, I can deal with consolish graphics if the gameplay and experience is anything like the original(s)

Heh, yeah, F.E.A.R. seems to have that affect (effect? whatever) on people. I think it's because it doesn't have that whole dark corner equals definite bad guy thing. The whole game kind of keeps you guessing.

I liked the first 2 but I'm not sure I'm willing to associate myself with anything that uses numbers to represent letters in the title. It's a matter of principle.

Oh get over it.

I played the first one seven times, plus the expansions. I therefore bought FEAR2 but didn't really like it. Anyone have this yet? Its out. How does it compare to FEAR1 as far as the first person interface? Fluid and precise or more like FEAR2?

Loved the original but didn't really care for the 2nd one. I may have liked the 2nd one more had I played it on PC instead of my friend's Xbox.

As for the 3rd I'll probably wait until it goes down in price. Gotta love those steam sales!

Are the expansions for the original fear any good? I bought the fear collection on steam the other day but haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

^ If you liked the first FEAR then the expansions are worth a playthrough. They add a little more story, but mostly its just more gameplay and combat which I really liked in FEAR.

I am a Fan of the series, but this isn't made by Monolith, so I am not that interested in it (especially if it's like the expansion packs, probably warner wants to milk the name thqat's all to it), I will get it on a sale instead.

Loved the original but didn't really care for the 2nd one. I may have liked the 2nd one more had I played it on PC instead of my friend's Xbox.

As for the 3rd I'll probably wait until it goes down in price. Gotta love those steam sales!

Are the expansions for the original fear any good? I bought the fear collection on steam the other day but haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

I am at then end of Extraction point, it's been fun, and creepy.

I am a Fan of the series, but this isn't made by Monolith, so I am not that interested in it (especially if it's like the expansion packs, probably warner wants to milk the name that's all to it), I will get it on a sale instead.

What's wrong with the expacs?

Oh get over it.

I played the first one seven times, plus the expansions. I therefore bought FEAR2 but didn't really like it. Anyone have this yet? Its out. How does it compare to FEAR1 as far as the first person interface? Fluid and precise or more like FEAR2?

1 W@$ K1|)|)!N6 Y0

The replayability of the first one was pretty decent because of the adaptive AI. I could go from being stealthy to running in and shooting everything Rambo style, to a combination of both, and the game always seemed to keep up with what I was doing. FEAR 2 kind of failed to keep my interest for too long really. I finished the game, and was severely disappointed with the ending.

I am actually on the fence about whether I will buy the third now or wait til the price drop and a Steam sale because of the way I felt after playing the second.

Back