• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the beast journal !WARNING PICTURE INTENSE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thorilan said:
it was a stock amd heatsink that comes with a new processor. i have 2.5 of them left =)
i just used a dremel to cut it but you have to have some skill if you do it by hand like i do( i dont doubt that you could do it easily )

How do you make them? I really want some for my Epox 8RDA and I have lost my ramsinks I got for free a while back.. :( I know I got a few stock heatsinks a few others. Also, would it be possible to but the heatsink form a TT Volcano 11 with the demel? If so what type of wheel would I use for cutting the heatsinks?

for cutting aluminum and copper heatsinks use a cutting wheel. usualy they are brown unless you get a black one that is fiberglass re enforced ( they dont break as easy and last longer but are more expencive)

for me it was just about looking at the sahpe i needed and thenlooking at my anthelon heatsink and seeing where i could make use of the cuts already in the fins so that i would only have to cut the base plate areaa and not through the fins till after the peice is seperated from the rest of the heatsink. i will be cutting a few other smaller parts too for some of the other parts.

oh and more pics today!!!!

20038131846470885631640.jpg

20038131030604538872024.jpg

20038137938593896260499.jpg

20038138167969643966673.jpg

20038134989124138285309.jpg

here is the psu after 1200 grit (smallest grit i had so still have to pick up some 1400 and 1600 before i do the dremel buffing. notice you can almost read cathars info on the yellow paper =) and the reflection is not bad on the tape measure also . lol now i bet you all will stare at the pic to see how much of his address you can read
20038132231375009859405.jpg

thanks. the secret is to alternate sanding directions when you change grit size and to sand till the lines going perpendiculare to your direction are 100% gone and then sand a little more but lightly before switching to another grit and changing directions ( 90 degrees)

when all the sanding is finished i will need to put a clearcoat on it because the steal that is used is to make PSUs is low quality so it will rust .

still have 2000 grit 2500 grit and 3000 grit to go though before i break out the drememl and the polish wheels

Looking really good thorilan.

Im still waiting for that plane ticket that you said you would get me to come over there to japan....;) :p

hehe yu have to be 20 years old with a bachelors too lol

someone sent me an email recently that was already here in japan too btw. i cant use anyone that is already here because that means they lack dependancy and when you get here you will need to be my slave and 100% dependant so you cant escape my evil plot to rule the universe , well the world at least

Back